- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Life, Love and Genius of Brian Wilson
- Genres: Drama, Music, History
- Release Date: 2015-05-29
- Runtime: 120.0 min
- Budget: $10.0 million
- Revenue: $28.6 million
- Production Companies: John Wells Productions, River Road Entertainment, Roadside Attractions, Lionsgate, Stage 6 Films
Cast & Crew
Paul Dano, John Cusack, Elizabeth Banks, Paul Giamatti, Jake Abel, Kenny Wormald, Brett Davern, Graham Rogers, Erin Darke, Bill Camp, Joanna Going, Nick Gehlfuss, Mark Linett, Johnny Sneed, Gary Griffin, Teresa Cowles, Vince Meghrouni, Jeff Meacham, Max Schneider, Diana Maria Riva, Erik Eidem, Dylan Kenin, Carolyn Stotesbery, Fred Cross, Tyson Ritter, Jeff Galfer, Morgan Phillips, Wayne Bastrup, Oliver Pohlad, Christopher Reccardi, Robert Matsuda, Willie Aron, Larry Greenfield, Rob Laufer, Michele Forest, Cameron Stone, David Crozier, John Krovoza, John Petring, Alan Busteed, Carl Byron, Todd Jaeger, Jim Laspesa, Hani Abaza, Tricia Davern, Misha Hamilton, Erica Jenkins, Ragon Miller, Haylee Roderick
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Love & Mercy”
Love & Mercy is a biographical drama film released in 2015 that tells the story of Brian Wilson, the co-founder of the Beach Boys and one of the most influential songwriters in the history of music.
The film follows Wilson’s life from his early days as a young songwriter to his struggles with mental illness later in life. It begins with a young Wilson in the 1960s, when he was writing some of the Beach Boys’ most iconic songs, such as “Good Vibrations” and “God Only Knows”.
The film then follows Wilson as he begins to experience mental health issues, leading to his eventual hospitalization. At the hospital, Wilson meets Dr. Eugene Landy, a controversial therapist who takes over his life and career. Landy’s treatment of Wilson is questionable and manipulative, and Wilson’s family and friends worry about the effect it is having on him.
The film then jumps to the 1980s, where Wilson is now living with his second wife, Melinda Ledbetter. Melinda helps Wilson break away from Landy’s control and begin to reclaim his life.
The film follows Wilson and Melinda as they fight to restore Wilson’s independence and artistic freedom, as well as his mental health. Along the way, the film examines Wilson’s struggles with mental illness and the power of music to heal.
Love & Mercy is a powerful and moving story of a man’s journey to recovery and the power of love
Where to Watch “Love & Mercy”
If you are wondering where to watch “Love & Mercy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Love & Mercy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Love & Mercy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Love & Mercy