- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He went to bed an all-American kid and woke up the son of Russian spies.
- Genres: Drama, Action, Thriller
- Release Date: 1988-03-17
- Runtime: 98.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Sidney Poitier, River Phoenix, Richard Jenkins, Caroline Kava, Lucy Deakins, Richard Bradford, Richard Lynch, Jerry Hardin, Loretta Devine, Albert Fortell, Ronald Guttman, Jacob Vargas, Roberto Jiménez, Robert Madrid, Chez Lister, Bill Stevenson, Thomas R. Zak, Newell Alexander, Ingrid M. Rhoads, Lisa McCullough, Richard Holden, Vojislav Govedarica, Kim Strange, Lou Hancock, David M. Paynter, Biff Wiff, Tasha Stewart, John Spafford, Brooke Theiss, Jonathan McMurtry, Charles T. Salter Jr.-Rick L. Nahera, Jim Parrott, Arlin Miller, Julio Medina
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Little Nikita”
Little Nikita is a 1988 American crime drama/thriller directed by Richard Benjamin. It stars River Phoenix and Sidney Poitier as two men from vastly different worlds who must work together to prevent a potential disaster.
The story revolves around Jeff Grant (River Phoenix), an all-American high school senior who lives in San Diego with his parents. One day, Jeff is approached by Roy Parmenter (Sidney Poitier), a veteran FBI agent who reveals to Jeff that his parents are actually Soviet spies. Parmenter explains that Jeff’s parents have been under surveillance for years and that Jeff himself is now in danger of being exposed as a Soviet agent.
Parmenter offers Jeff a deal: If he agrees to help the FBI in their mission to uncover his parents’ activities, he will be given immunity from prosecution. Jeff reluctantly agrees and is taken to Washington D.C. to begin his training as an undercover agent.
Once in Washington, Jeff is given the code name “Little Nikita” and is tasked with infiltrating a Soviet spy ring. He is trained in espionage techniques and is sent to a Soviet embassy to gather information on the spy ring. However, Jeff soon discovers that the Soviets are planning to launch a nuclear missile strike against the United States.
Jeff is determined to stop the attack and prevent a nuclear disaster, but he must first find a way to get close to the Soviet spies and find out their plans.
Where to Watch “Little Nikita”
If you are wondering where to watch “Little Nikita”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Little Nikita” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Little Nikita” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Little Nikita