- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Hers was the deadliest of the seven sins.
- Genres: Drama, Romance, Thriller
- Release Date: 1945-12-25
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price, Mary Philips, Ray Collins, Gene Lockhart, Reed Hadley, Darryl Hickman, Chill Wills, Mae Marsh, Grant Mitchell, Ruth Clifford, Paul Everton, Gertrude Astor, Guy Beach, Audrey Betz, Olive Blakeney, Harry Depp, Jim Farley, Betty Hannon, Kenner G. Kemp, Thomas Martin, Hans Moebus, Milton Parsons, Addison Richards, Earl Schenck, Charles Tannen
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Leave Her to Heaven”
Leave Her to Heaven is a 1945 American psychological thriller-drama film directed by John M. Stahl and starring Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, and Vincent Price.
The film follows the story of a beautiful and passionate young woman, Ellen Berent (Gene Tierney), who meets and falls in love with a young novelist, Richard Harland (Cornel Wilde). After a whirlwind courtship, the two marry and move to a secluded lake house.
At first, Ellen’s love for Richard seems pure and unconditional, but soon her possessive and jealous nature begins to emerge. When Richard’s crippled brother Danny (Darryl Hickman) comes to stay with them, Ellen’s jealousy is further inflamed. She begins to do whatever it takes to keep Richard all to herself, even if it means manipulating and controlling him.
The situation is further complicated when Ellen discovers that she is pregnant. She is determined to have the child, but Richard is less sure. When Ellen’s brother arrives at the lake house, she is convinced that he is trying to take Richard away from her and becomes increasingly paranoid and violent.
The film culminates in a dramatic courtroom scene, where Ellen’s true motivations are revealed. In the end, Ellen is sent to prison for her actions and Richard is left to pick up the pieces of his shattered life.
Leave Her to Heaven is a gripping and intense psychological drama that explores the depths of
Where to Watch “Leave Her to Heaven”
If you are wondering where to watch “Leave Her to Heaven”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Leave Her to Heaven” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Leave Her to Heaven” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Leave Her to Heaven