- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Somewhere between Hollywood and the rest of the world.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2003-03-07
- Runtime: 103.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $4.6 million
- Production Companies: Antidote Films
Cast & Crew
Frances McDormand, Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, Natascha McElhone, Alessandro Nivola, Lou Barlow, Russell Pollard, Imaad Wasif, Mickey Petralia, Melissa De Sousa, Alexandra Carter, Michelle DeMirjian, Rick Gonzalez, Marcus Ashley, Dennis Howard, Catherine McGoohan, Catharine Scott, Heidi Sulzman, Nick Kiriazis, Philip Pavel, Gina Doctor, Lauri Johnson, Lou Cutell, Marie Blanco, Daniel Lanois
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Laurel Canyon”
Laurel Canyon is a 2003 American romantic drama film written and directed by Lisa Cholodenko.
The film follows the story of a young couple, Sam (Christian Bale) and Alex (Kate Beckinsale), who move to Los Angeles to pursue their respective careers. Sam is a successful record producer and Alex is a medical student. They move into a house in the titular Laurel Canyon, an area of Los Angeles known for its music scene and drug culture.
The couple soon find themselves surrounded by a variety of characters, including Sam’s mother, Jane (Frances McDormand), a free-spirited record producer who still lives in the house they are renting; Jane’s lover, Ian (Alessandro Nivola), a rock star; and Jane’s assistant, Sara (Natascha McElhone), who is also Alex’s friend.
As the couple settles into their new lives, they find themselves struggling to balance their professional ambitions with their personal desires. Sam and Alex quickly become immersed in the music scene, and their relationship is challenged when Alex begins to feel neglected.
Meanwhile, Jane and Ian’s relationship is also tested as they attempt to navigate the complexities of their lifestyle. As their lives become increasingly intertwined, they must contend with the consequences of their choices and figure out how to move forward.
Laurel Canyon is a story of love, ambition, and the power of music. It is a film
Where to Watch “Laurel Canyon”
If you are wondering where to watch “Laurel Canyon”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Laurel Canyon” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Laurel Canyon” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Laurel Canyon