- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They’re giving comedy a rewrite.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2019-01-25
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: $4.0 million
- Revenue: $22.4 million
- Production Companies: Scott Rudin Productions, FilmNation Entertainment, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST
Cast & Crew
Emma Thompson, Mindy Kaling, Max Casella, Hugh Dancy, John Lithgow, Denis O’Hare, Reid Scott, Amy Ryan, Paul Walter Hauser, John Early, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Ike Barinholtz, Annaleigh Ashford, Halston Sage, Marc Kudisch, Seth Meyers, Bill Maher, Jake Tapper, Maria Dizzia, Sakina Jaffrey, Luke Slattery, Blake DeLong, David Neal Levin, Paige Gilbert, Kerry Flanagan, Lucas Caleb Rooney, Rupak Ginn, Glo Tavarez
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Late Night”
Late Night follows Katherine Newbury (Emma Thompson), the pioneering and revered host of a long-running late night talk show. When Katherine is threatened with being replaced by a younger, hipper male host, she is determined to prove her worth by hiring a female writer to help her revitalize her show.
The female writer turns out to be Molly Patel (Mindy Kaling), an overqualified chemical plant quality-control supervisor with no experience in comedy. Despite their initial differences, Molly and Katherine bond over their shared love of comedy and their struggles against sexism in the workplace.
Katherine and Molly set out to save the show, but their efforts are met with resistance from the show’s staff and network executives. As the show’s ratings continue to drop, Katherine and Molly must prove that they are capable of producing a successful show.
The two ultimately succeed, and Katherine is able to keep her job. In the process, Molly gains the confidence and experience she needs to pursue her dreams of becoming a successful comedy writer. Late Night is a funny and inspiring story of female empowerment, as Katherine and Molly show that women can succeed in a male-dominated industry.
Where to Watch “Late Night”
If you are wondering where to watch “Late Night”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Late Night” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Late Night” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Late Night