- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, History, War, Romance
- Release Date: 1995-04-07
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Road Movies, BIM Distribuzione, Filmstiftung Nordrhein, Westfalen, Diaphana Films, Eurimages, TVE, Road Movies Dritte Produktionen, Parallax Pictures, Degeto Film, BBC, Canal+ España, Working Title Films, British Screen Productions, Messidor Films, European Co, production Fund
Cast & Crew
Ian Hart, Rosana Pastor, Frédéric Pierrot, Icíar Bollaín, Tom Gilroy, Angela Clarke, Eoin McCarthy, Suzanne Maddock, Mandy Walsh, Miguel Cabrillana, Jordi Dauder, Pep Molina, Francesc Orella, Daniel Muñoz
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Land and Freedom”
Land and Freedom is a 1995 British-Spanish historical drama film written and directed by Ken Loach. The film tells the story of a young man, David, who joins the International Brigades to fight in the Spanish Civil War in the late 1930s.
The movie opens with David (Ian Hart) travelling to Liverpool to join the International Brigades in Spain. He is soon sent to the Republican front lines in Aragon, where he joins the POUM militia, a Marxist group of fighters.
In the trenches, David meets a young woman, Blanca (Rosana Pastor), who is also a member of the POUM militia. The two become close and eventually fall in love.
On the front lines, David and his fellow soldiers fight against the Nationalists and their German allies. He also witnesses the political divisions among the Republicans, as the Communists and the POUM militia clash over ideology.
Back at home, David’s family is divided over his decision to fight in Spain. His father and brother are supportive, but his mother disapproves and is worried about his safety.
Eventually, the POUM militia is forced to retreat and David finds himself on the run. He returns to England, where he is arrested and charged with being a traitor. In court, he is defended by his family and the International Brigades.
The movie ends with David being acquitted and returning home to his family. He is welcomed back
Where to Watch “Land and Freedom”
If you are wondering where to watch “Land and Freedom”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Land and Freedom” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Land and Freedom” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Land and Freedom