- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In a game of life and death… one wrong move could be his last…
- Genres: Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 1992-01-14
- Runtime: 116.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $0.9 million
- Production Companies: Cinevox Filmproduktion GmbH, Lamb Bear Entertainment, Cineplex Odeon Films, Ink Slinger Productions, Knight Moves Productions
Cast & Crew
Christopher Lambert, Diane Lane, Tom Skerritt, Daniel Baldwin, Ferdy Mayne, Don Thompson, Megan Leitch, Katharine Isabelle, Arthur Brauss, Kehli O’Byrne, Blu Mankuma, Elizabeth Baldwin, Alex Diakun, Monica Marko, Mark Wilson, Sam Malkin, Frank C. Turner, Tom Heaton, Rachel Hayward, Codie Lucas Wilbee, Joshua Murray, Rebecca Toolan, Elizabeth Barclay, Aundrea MacDonald, Freda Perry, Holly Chester, Marilyn Norry, Donna Yamamoto, Kymberly Sheppard, Deryl Hayes, Walter Marsh, Charles Bailey, Gates, Arthur Brauss, Suzy Carby
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Knight Moves”
Knight Moves is a 1992 thriller directed by Carl Schenkel and starring Christopher Lambert as a chess grandmaster Peter Sanderson who finds himself caught up in a deadly game of cat and mouse.
The story begins with Peter Sanderson, a former chess grandmaster, who is trying to put his life back together after a devastating loss at a tournament. He’s been living in seclusion, trying to forget the past and move on.
Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose in the city of Seattle. The killer’s modus operandi is to challenge his victims to a game of chess, and if they lose, he kills them. When Peter’s friend is killed in this manner, Peter realizes that he is the next target.
Peter quickly finds himself in a deadly game of chess with the killer, trying to outsmart him and stay alive. He is aided by a police detective, who is also trying to catch the killer.
The killer is determined to win the game, so he kidnaps Peter’s girlfriend in an attempt to force Peter to make the wrong move. With time running out, Peter must use all of his skills as a grandmaster to outwit the killer and save his girlfriend.
As the game reaches its climax, Peter must make the right moves to save himself and his girlfriend. Will he be able to outwit the killer and survive, or will he succumb to the killer’s deadly game?
Where to Watch “Knight Moves”
If you are wondering where to watch “Knight Moves”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Knight Moves” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Knight Moves” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Knight Moves