- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Let’s talk about sex
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2004-09-04
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: $11.0 million
- Revenue: $17.1 million
- Production Companies: Fox Searchlight Pictures, Qwerty Films, N1 European Film Produktions GmbH & Co. KG, Pretty Pictures, American Zoetrope, Myriad Pictures
Cast & Crew
Liam Neeson, Laura Linney, Chris O’Donnell, Peter Sarsgaard, Timothy Hutton, John Lithgow, Tim Curry, Oliver Platt, Dylan Baker, Julianne Nicholson, William Sadler, John McMartin, Veronica Cartwright, Kathleen Chalfant, Heather Goldenhersh, Dagmara Domińczyk, John Krasinski, Arden Myrin, David Harbour, Luke Macfarlane, Jenna Gavigan, Judith Polson, Leigh Spofford, Benjamin Walker, Matthew Fahey, Will Denton, Harley Cross, Katharine Houghton, Lynn Redgrave
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Kinsey”
Kinsey is a biographical drama released in 2004, directed by Bill Condon and starring Liam Neeson as Dr. Alfred Kinsey. The film follows the life and work of Kinsey, a pioneering sex researcher who defied social conventions and challenged the prevailing morality of the 1940s and 1950s.
The film begins with Kinsey’s childhood, depicting his upbringing as a strict, religious boy in a small Indiana town. His father, a devoutly religious man, instills in him a fear of sex and a belief that it is a sin. Despite this, Kinsey develops an interest in biology and eventually attends college to pursue a degree in the subject.
Kinsey then begins teaching at Indiana University and soon meets his wife, Clara. The two are soon married and Kinsey begins to explore his own sexuality. He is inspired by his students’ questions and begins to research the topic of sex. His groundbreaking research leads to the publication of his book, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, which is an immediate success.
Despite the success of the book, Kinsey’s research is met with criticism from the public and religious groups. He is accused of promoting immoral behavior and his research is denounced by many. Despite this, Kinsey continues his research and publishes Sexual Behavior in the Human Female, which is met with even more criticism.
The film follows Kinsey as he continues to conduct his research and explore his own sexuality. It also examines the impact
Where to Watch “Kinsey”
If you are wondering where to watch “Kinsey”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Kinsey” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Kinsey” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Kinsey