- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Can you keep a national secret?
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 2014-10-09
- Runtime: 112.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: $5.2 million
- Production Companies: The Combine, Bluegrass Films
Cast & Crew
Jeremy Renner, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Michael Sheen, Ray Liotta, Robert Patrick, Andy García, Paz Vega, Michael Kenneth Williams, Rosemarie DeWitt, Tim Blake Nelson, Barry Pepper, Oliver Platt, Richard Schiff, Jena Sims, Joshua Close, Yul Vazquez, Lucas Hedges, Matt Lintz, Gil Bellows, Steve Coulter, Dan Futterman, Susan Walters, David de Vries, David Lee Garver, Rhoda Griffis, Jen Harper, David Alessi, Grace Baine, Shaira Barton, Nancy Reagan, Parker Douglas
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Kill the Messenger”
Kill the Messenger is a 2014 American drama film directed by Michael Cuesta and written by Peter Landesman. It is based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb (played by Jeremy Renner), who wrote the “Dark Alliance” series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News in 1996.
The story follows Webb as he investigates a story involving the CIA and the Contras, a Nicaraguan rebel group backed by the CIA, as well as their involvement in the crack cocaine trade. Webb discovers a connection between the CIA and a drug trafficking ring that was supplying crack cocaine to Los Angeles. His research is met with hostility from the government and the media, who attempt to discredit him.
Webb is determined to get the truth out, and his investigation leads him to a dangerous underworld of drug dealers and government conspiracies. He is threatened and harassed, and his life and career are put in jeopardy as he continues to search for the truth. In the end, Webb is vindicated and his story is finally told.
The film also stars Robert Patrick, Ray Liotta, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Michael K. Williams, and Oliver Platt. It is an intense and thrilling drama that follows Webb’s journey as he discovers the truth and risks everything to get it out.
Where to Watch “Kill the Messenger”
If you are wondering where to watch “Kill the Messenger”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Kill the Messenger” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Kill the Messenger” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Kill the Messenger