- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A time without pity. A society without mercy. A love without equal.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1996-02-06
- Runtime: 123.0 min
- Budget: $7.0 million
- Revenue: $0.4 million
- Production Companies: Revolution Films, BBC, PolyGram Filmed Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Kate Winslet, Christopher Eccleston, Liam Cunningham, Rachel Griffiths, June Whitfield, James Nesbitt, Paul Bown, Paul Copley, Ken Jones, Emma Turner, Caitlin Bossley, Berwick Kaler, Mark Lambert, Vernon Dobtcheff, Roger Ashton, Griffiths, David Tennant, Freda Dowie, Amanda Ryan, Darren Tighe, Dexter Fletcher, Adrian Bower, Kerry Shale, Moray Hunter, Raymond Ross, Lorraine Hilton, Sean McKenzie, Richard Albrecht, James Daley, Ross Colvin Turnbull
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Jude”
Jude is a romantic drama set in the late 19th century England. The film follows Jude Fawley, a young man who dreams of learning Latin and Greek in order to gain entry into the university. He is in love with his cousin Sue Bridehead, a free-spirited woman who rejects the idea of marriage and is determined to live an independent life.
Jude’s dreams of an education are dashed when he is forced into an arranged marriage with Arabella Donn, a wealthy but vulgar woman. Jude and Arabella move to Christminster, a university town, where Jude is employed as a stonemason. Despite his loveless marriage, Jude continues to pursue his studies in Latin and Greek on the side.
Meanwhile, Sue has moved to Christminster and is living with her aunt and uncle, who are determined to marry her off to a wealthy suitor. Jude and Sue are reunited, and their love for one another is rekindled. They begin a secret affair, but their plans to be together are threatened when Arabella discovers the truth and attempts to blackmail Jude into staying with her.
Jude and Sue struggle to find a way to be together, but they are eventually forced to part ways. Jude is left heartbroken and is left to ponder the meaning of life and love. In the end, Jude finds solace in his studies, and he is able to find peace in his life.
Where to Watch “Jude”
If you are wondering where to watch “Jude”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Jude” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Jude” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Jude