- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The most shattering experience you’ll ever live.
- Genres: War, Drama
- Release Date: 1971-08-04
- Runtime: 111.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: World Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Timothy Bottoms, Kathy Fields, Marsha Hunt, Jason Robards, Donald Sutherland, Charles McGraw, Sandy Brown Wyeth, Don Barry, Peter Brocco, Kendell Clarke, Eric Christmas, Eduard Franz, Craig Bovia, Judy Howard Chaikin, Dalton Trumbo, Diane Varsi, David Soul, Anthony Geary
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Johnny Got His Gun”
Johnny Got His Gun is a 1971 American anti-war drama film directed by Dalton Trumbo and starring Timothy Bottoms, Kathy Fields, Marsha Hunt, Jason Robards, Donald Sutherland, and Diane Varsi. The film is based on the 1939 novel of the same name by Trumbo.
The film tells the story of Joe Bonham, a young American soldier who is severely wounded during World War I. He is left a quadruple amputee, with no arms, no legs, and no face. He is unable to speak, but is able to communicate by banging on the wall of his hospital room.
The film follows Joe’s journey as he struggles to make sense of his new life. He is unable to remember much of his past, and his attempts to communicate with the doctors and nurses caring for him are fruitless. He is unable to even express his pain and suffering.
Joe eventually learns to communicate with the outside world by using Morse code. He is able to tell his story of how he lost his limbs and face, and how he feels about the war.
As Joe’s story is revealed, it becomes clear that he is an anti-war advocate, and his story serves as a powerful plea for peace. The film culminates in a powerful ending, as Joe’s story is shared with the world in a desperate attempt to end the war.
Where to Watch “Johnny Got His Gun”
If you are wondering where to watch “Johnny Got His Gun”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Johnny Got His Gun” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Johnny Got His Gun” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Johnny Got His Gun