- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: One man’s past. One boy’s future.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2013-05-16
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: $4.0 million
- Revenue: $2.4 million
- Production Companies: Lionsgate, Worldview Entertainment, Muskat Filmed Properties, Dreambridge Films, Rough House Pictures
Cast & Crew
Nicolas Cage, Tye Sheridan, Ronnie Gene Blevins, Sue Rock, Heather Kafka, Gary Poulter, Adriene Mishler, Brenda Isaacs Booth, Aaron Spivey, Sorrells, Dana Freitag, Anna Niemtschk, Erin Elizabeth Reed, Jon Bonzor, Jonny Mars, Elbert Hill Jr.-Lazaro Solares, Lico Reyes, Lynette Walden, Patrick Arnez, Kevin Kinkade, Brian Mays, Robert Johnson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Joe”
Joe is a drama set in a small town in Texas. It follows the story of Joe Ransom (Nicolas Cage), a hard-drinking ex-con who is trying to turn his life around. He works for a lumber company, where he meets Gary (Tye Sheridan), a 15-year-old boy who has been abandoned by his family. Joe takes him under his wing, and the two develop a strong bond.
Joe’s newfound stability is threatened when the company’s owner, Wade (Gary Poulter), discovers Gary’s presence and demands that Joe get rid of him. Joe refuses, and Wade retaliates by hiring a group of thugs to intimidate him. Joe is forced to fight back, and the violence escalates until Wade is killed in a shootout.
Joe is arrested and put on trial. Although he has committed a crime, the jury sees him as a man who is trying to do the right thing and acquits him. Joe and Gary are able to start a new life together, and Joe’s redemption is complete.
Where to Watch “Joe”
If you are wondering where to watch “Joe”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Joe” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Joe” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Joe