- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: At Last on the Screen ! Biggest Spectacle since QUO VADIS!
- Genres: Adventure, Romance
- Release Date: 1952-07-31
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: $3.8 million
- Revenue: $10.9 million
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer, Loew’s Incorporated
Cast & Crew
Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Fontaine, George Sanders, Emlyn Williams, Robert Douglas, Finlay Currie, Felix Aylmer, Francis de Wolff, Norman Wooland, Basil Sydney, Harold Warrender, Patrick Holt, Roderick Lovell, Sebastian Cabot, John Ruddock, Michael Brennan, Megs Jenkins, Valentine Dyall, Lionel Harris, Carl Jaffe, Guy Rolfe
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ivanhoe”
Ivanhoe is an epic adventure film set in the year 1194 in England. The story follows the brave knight, Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe, as he embarks on a quest to restore Richard the Lionheart to the throne.
The film begins with the death of Richard the Lionheart, leaving England in turmoil. The powerful Prince John schemes to seize the throne, and with him is the ruthless Templar, Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert. Ivanhoe, a loyal knight of Richard, is determined to restore him to power. He travels to a tournament where he meets the beautiful Lady Rowena, a Saxon noblewoman.
Ivanhoe and Lady Rowena are soon caught up in a struggle between Saxons and Normans. Ivanhoe is determined to help the Saxons, but his efforts are hampered by the scheming Prince John. Meanwhile, the Templar Bois-Guilbert is determined to have Lady Rowena for himself.
Ivanhoe and Lady Rowena are eventually captured and brought before Prince John. Ivanhoe is sentenced to death for treason, but is saved by the mysterious Black Knight, who reveals himself to be Richard the Lionheart. Ivanhoe and Richard lead a revolt against Prince John, and Ivanhoe defeats Bois-Guilbert in a climactic jousting match.
In the end, Richard is restored to the throne and Ivanhoe is rewarded for his bravery. He
Where to Watch “Ivanhoe”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ivanhoe”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ivanhoe” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ivanhoe” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ivanhoe