- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Fantastic sights leap out at you!
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1953-06-05
- Runtime: 81.0 min
- Budget: $0.8 million
- Revenue: $1.6 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures
Cast & Crew
Richard Carlson, Barbara Rush, Charles Drake, Joe Sawyer, Russell Johnson, Kathleen Hughes, Dave Willock, Alan Dexter, George Eldredge, Edgar Dearing, George Selk, Bradford Jackson, Robert Carson, Whitey Haupt, Virginia Mullen, William Pullen, Richard H. Cutting, Ralph Brooks, Ned Davenport, Dick Pinner, Casey MacGregor
Synopsis – What to Expect from “It Came from Outer Space”
It Came from Outer Space is a 1953 science fiction film directed by Jack Arnold and starring Richard Carlson and Barbara Rush. The film is based on a story by Ray Bradbury.
The story follows John Putnam, a scientist and amateur astronomer who lives in the small Arizona town of Sand Rock. One night, Putnam is out stargazing when he sees a mysterious object streak across the sky and crash into the desert. He and his fiancée Ellen Fields investigate the crash site and discover a large, spherical spaceship with an alien occupant.
The alien, an amorphous creature, is unable to communicate with Putnam and Ellen, but they soon realize that it is trying to repair its damaged ship. Putnam and Ellen attempt to help the alien, but their efforts are hampered by the suspicious townsfolk, who are convinced that the alien is a threat.
The alien soon reveals its true intentions: it is a peaceful explorer trying to get back to its home planet. With the help of a sympathetic professor, Putnam and Ellen build a device to communicate with the alien and help it rebuild its ship.
However, the townsfolk are still suspicious and determined to capture the alien. With the help of the professor, Putnam and Ellen manage to finish the ship and help the alien return home. In the end, Putnam and Ellen are able to convince the townsfolk that the alien was not a threat and that it was only trying to get home
Where to Watch “It Came from Outer Space”
If you are wondering where to watch “It Came from Outer Space”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “It Came from Outer Space” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “It Came from Outer Space” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to It Came from Outer Space