- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Telling the truth can be dangerous business.
- Genres: Adventure, Comedy
- Release Date: 1987-05-15
- Runtime: 107.0 min
- Budget: $55.0 million
- Revenue: $14.4 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Adjani, Charles Grodin, Jack Weston, Tess Harper, Carol Kane, Aharon Ipalé, Fijad Hageb, David Margulies, Rose Arrick, Julie Garfield, Cristine Rose, Robert V. Girolami, Abe Kroll, Hannah Kroll, Herb Gardner, Bill Moor, Edgar Smith, J.C. Cutler, Bill Bailey, Ian Gray, Maati Zaari, Larbi Bouhaddane, Fred Melamed, Ron Berglas, Neil Zevnik, Matt Frewer, Alex Hyde, White, Stefan Gryff, Alexei Jawdokimov, Phillip Schopper, Aziz Ben Driss, Kamarr, Eddy Nedari, Nayef Rashed, George Masri, Warren Clarke, Arthur Brauss, Sumar Khan, Jon Paul Morgan, Nadim Sawalha, Haluk Bilginer, Mark Ryan, Stuart Abramson, John Freudenheim, Bruce Gordon, Paul Standig, Joseph Gmerek, John Trumpbour, Marie Jean, Charles, Patrice Jean, Charles, Danielle Jean, Charles, Dylan Baker, Ahmed Boulane, Jon Hayden, Tony D. Head, Frank Patton III, Cliff Taylor, Michael Vaccaro
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ishtar”
Ishtar is a 1987 romantic comedy starring Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman as two down-on-their-luck singer/songwriters who get themselves into a world of trouble when they travel to Morocco to perform in a nightclub.
Lyle Rogers (Beatty) and Chuck Clarke (Hoffman) are two struggling songwriters who, in an effort to make some extra money, decide to try their luck in Morocco. After being hired by a shady club owner, they find themselves in the middle of a plot to overthrow the government of Ishtar, a fictional Middle Eastern country.
Lyle and Chuck soon find themselves in over their heads as they are pursued by both the CIA and the terrorists. Along the way, they meet a beautiful woman named Shirra (Isabelle Adjani) who helps them in their quest to save Ishtar.
The two men soon discover that their mission is more important than just making money, and they must use their wit and charm to save the country from a military coup.
Ishtar is a lighthearted comedy that follows Lyle and Chuck as they learn to embrace their inner heroes and save Ishtar from destruction. With plenty of action, adventure, and romance, Ishtar is sure to entertain.
Where to Watch “Ishtar”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ishtar”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ishtar” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ishtar” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ishtar