- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Based on the novel by Philip Roth.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2016-07-29
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $3.9 million
- Production Companies: Likely Story, Symbolic Exchange
Cast & Crew
Logan Lerman, Sarah Gadon, Tracy Letts, Linda Emond, Joanne Baron, Ben Rosenfield, Philip Ettinger, Pico Alexander, Noah Robbins, Danny Burstein, Susan Varon, Bryan Burton, Steven Kaplan, Richard Topol, Isabel Keating, Eli Gelb, Margo Kazaryan, Doris McCarthy, Melanie Blake Roth, Andrew S. Thompson, Bo Stansell, Bryan Fitzgerald, Betsy Hogg, Rebecca Watson, Will MacAdam, Jason Erik Zacek, Kc Coy, Samuel Dunning, Eliza Foss, Ruth Flaherty, Tom Bair, Sam Rohloff, Neal Arluck
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Indignation”
Indignation is a 2016 American drama film directed by James Schamus and based on the novel of the same name by Philip Roth. Set in 1951, the film follows a Jewish college student from New Jersey, Marcus Messner (Logan Lerman), who enrolls at a small, conservative college in Ohio.
At college, Marcus finds himself struggling to fit in with the strict rules and regulations of the college and its conservative culture. He quickly becomes the target of the college’s dean, Hawes Caudwell (Tracy Letts), who is determined to teach Marcus the importance of obedience and conformity. Marcus is also faced with the challenge of navigating a budding romance with a fellow student, Olivia Hutton (Sarah Gadon).
When Marcus stands up for his beliefs and refuses to abide by the college’s strict rules, he finds himself in a battle of wills with the dean. Marcus must decide whether to conform to the college’s expectations, or stand up for his beliefs and risk expulsion from the college.
The film follows Marcus as he struggles to find his place in the college, and in the world. Through his journey, he discovers the importance of standing up for his beliefs, and the power of self-determination. In the end, Marcus must decide whether to accept the world as it is, or to fight for a better future.
Where to Watch “Indignation”
If you are wondering where to watch “Indignation”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Indignation” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Indignation” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Indignation