- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The fate of the world is on the line.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 2009-01-22
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $6.1 million
- Production Companies: BBC Film, Aramid Entertainment Fund
Cast & Crew
Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, Gina McKee, James Gandolfini, Chris Addison, Anna Chlumsky, Paul Higgins, Mimi Kennedy, Alex MacQueen, Olivia Poulet, David Rasche, James Smith, Zach Woods, Enzo Cilenti, Johnny Pemberton, Joanna Scanlan, Harry Hadden, Paton, Samantha Harrington, Lucinda Raikes, James Doherty, Reid Sasser, Chipo Chung, Del Pentecost, Joanna Brookes, Steve Coogan, Rita May, Eve Matheson, Will Smith, Janelle Schmidt, Natasha Sattler
Synopsis – What to Expect from “In the Loop”
In the Loop is a 2009 British satirical comedy-drama film directed by Armando Iannucci and written by Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Tony Roche, and Iannucci. It is a spin-off from the BBC Television series The Thick of It and satirizes Anglo-American politics in the 21st century.
The film follows a group of British and American politicians and their aides as they attempt to launch a military intervention in the Middle East. The story centers on the UK’s Minister for International Development, Simon Foster, who is sent on a mission to Washington, D.C. to discuss the possibility of military intervention in the Middle East.
In Washington, Foster is met by the US State Department’s policy advisor, Linton Barwick, who is determined to push for military intervention. Meanwhile, the British Prime Minister’s chief advisor, Malcolm Tucker, is determined to prevent the intervention from happening. As the two sides battle it out, the situation quickly spirals out of control.
The film follows the characters as they attempt to navigate the political minefield, with various characters coming into conflict with each other. As the situation escalates, it becomes clear that the British and American governments are on a collision course, and the consequences could be catastrophic.
The film is an ensemble piece, with a stellar cast including Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, Gina McKee, Chris Addison, James Gandolfini, and Steve Coogan.
Where to Watch “In the Loop”
If you are wondering where to watch “In the Loop”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “In the Loop” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “In the Loop” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to In the Loop