- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A new home. A new life. Seen through eyes that see everything
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2003-10-31
- Runtime: 105.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Hell’s Kitchen Films, East of Harlem (UK) Ltd, Irish Film Industry
Cast & Crew
Samantha Morton, Paddy Considine, Sarah Bolger, Emma Bolger, Djimon Hounsou, David Wike, Michael Sean Tighe, Juan Carlos Hernández, Rene Millan, Nick Dunning, Frank Wood, Merrina Millsapp, Bernadette Quigley, Adrian Martinez, Des Bishop, Jason Salkey, Neal Jones, Bob Gallico, Sara James, Randall Carlton, Ciaran Cronin, Nye Heron, Chary O’Dea, Guy Carleton, Elaine Grollman, Jennifer Seifert, Kathleen King, Eilish Scanlon, Tom Murphy, Molly Glynn, Jer O’Leary, Regina Ford, Tamla Clarke, Carmen Regan, Nisha Nayar, Rodrigo Pineda Sánchez, Gabriela Quintero López
Synopsis – What to Expect from “In America”
In America is a 2003 Irish-American drama film directed by Jim Sheridan. The film follows the story of an Irish family, the Sullivans, who move to New York City from Ireland in search of a better life.
The film opens with the death of the Sullivans’ youngest child, Frankie, who died from a brain tumor at the age of five. The family is devastated and decides to move to America in order to start anew. They move into a rundown apartment in the Hell’s Kitchen area of New York City.
The family struggles to make ends meet, and the parents, Johnny and Sarah, take on odd jobs in order to make money. Johnny works as a cab driver while Sarah works as a maid. The two older children, Christy and Ariel, attend school and try to adjust to their new life in America.
The family is slowly able to make a life for themselves in America, but they still struggle with the loss of Frankie. They are also faced with the harsh realities of living in New York City, such as poverty and crime.
The film follows the Sullivans as they learn to cope with their loss and adjust to their new life in America. Through the ups and downs of their journey, they learn to appreciate the little things in life and the importance of family. In the end, the family finds a way to heal and move on with their lives.
Where to Watch “In America”
If you are wondering where to watch “In America”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “In America” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “In America” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to In America