- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, Music, Romance
- Release Date: 1994-12-16
- Runtime: 121.0 min
- Budget: $0.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Majestic Films International, Icon Entertainment International
Cast & Crew
Gary Oldman, Jeroen Krabbé, Isabella Rossellini, Johanna ter Steege, Marco Hofschneider, Miriam Margolyes, Barry Humphries, Valeria Golino, Gerard Horan, Christopher Fulford, Luigi Diberti, Michael Culkin, Sandra Voe, Bernard Rose, Alexandra Pigg, Donal Gibson, Matthew North, Geno Lechner, Claudia Solti, Rory Edwards, Hannes Flaschberger, Leo Faulkner, Fintan McKeown, Everton Nelson, Jindra Petráková, Marek Vašut, Hugo Kaminský, Stanislav Behal, Arna Mohelská, Stepan Hlatky, Gordon Lovitt, Anna Kolinska, Johan Kolinsky, Josef Kolínský, Jan Kuželka, Barbora Srncová, Bruce Davey
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Immortal Beloved”
Immortal Beloved is a 1994 romantic drama film directed by Bernard Rose and starring Gary Oldman as Ludwig van Beethoven. The film follows the story of Beethoven’s life and his search for the identity of his “immortal beloved,” the recipient of a passionate love letter he wrote in 1812.
The film begins with Beethoven’s funeral in 1827. As his coffin is being carried to the cemetery, his assistant Schindler (Jeroen Krabbé) reads aloud a letter that Beethoven wrote to his “immortal beloved,” a woman whose identity he never revealed. Beethoven’s friends and admirers are determined to discover the identity of the mystery woman.
Schindler begins to investigate Beethoven’s past and discovers a series of love letters written to a woman named Antonie Brentano (Valeria Golino). Through flashbacks, we learn that Beethoven and Antonie had a passionate affair, but she was forced to break it off when her husband (John Hurt) found out.
The film then follows Schindler as he visits Antonie’s descendants and follows other leads in an attempt to uncover the truth about Beethoven’s immortal beloved. Along the way, he discovers secrets and scandals from Beethoven’s past, including his illegitimate son and his financial difficulties.
Ultimately, Schindler discovers that Antonie was not the immortal beloved, but rather her sister, Josephine
Where to Watch “Immortal Beloved”
If you are wondering where to watch “Immortal Beloved”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Immortal Beloved” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Immortal Beloved” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Immortal Beloved