- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The story of Hank Williams
- Genres: Music, Drama
- Release Date: 2016-02-05
- Runtime: 123.0 min
- Budget: $13.0 million
- Revenue: $1.6 million
- Production Companies: Bron Studios, RatPac Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Wayne Pére, David Krumholtz, Wrenn Schmidt, Bradley Whitford, Josh Pais, Cherry Jones, James DuMont, Joe Chrest, Charlie Talbert, Maddie Hasson, Candice Harrison, Cory Hart, NM Garcia, Caroline Hebert, Justin Lebrun, Casey Bond, Joshua Brady, Elliott Grey, Emily Marie Palmer, Vanessa Amaya, Jeff Caperton, Erica Curtis, Jayson Warner Smith, Bethany Blakey, Denise Gossett, Christopher Heskey, Gary Teague, Skyler Davenport, Allison Claye, Rebecca Chulew, Douglas M. Griffin, Mattie Liptak, Jillian Batherson, Gretchen Koerner, Bryan Michael Hall, Richard Jackson, Amanda Joy Erickson, Cody Daniel, Deadra Moore, Joe Manco
Synopsis – What to Expect from “I Saw the Light”
I Saw the Light is a biographical drama about the life and music of country music legend Hank Williams. The film begins with Hank (Tom Hiddleston) as a young man in rural Alabama, determined to make a name for himself as a musician. With the help of his friend, singer/songwriter Audrey Mae (Elizabeth Olsen), Hank is able to break into the music scene and quickly becomes a star. Despite his success, Hank struggles with alcoholism and infidelity, which eventually leads to the demise of his marriage to Audrey Mae.
The film follows Hank as he tours the country, performing his signature songs and making a name for himself in the music industry. However, the pressure of fame and his personal struggles take a toll on Hank, and his health begins to decline. His manager, Fred Rose (Bradley Whitford), tries to help him, but Hank eventually succumbs to his illness and dies at the age of 29.
The film ends with a montage of Hank’s life, featuring interviews with those who knew him, as well as archival footage of his performances. The film is a powerful tribute to Hank Williams and his music, and a reminder of the power of his legacy.
Where to Watch “I Saw the Light”
If you are wondering where to watch “I Saw the Light”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “I Saw the Light” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “I Saw the Light” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to I Saw the Light