- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2017-10-20
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: unafilm, Soda Pictures, Clandestine Films, Icreatefilms, Quiddity Films
Cast & Crew
Maggie Mulubwa, Henry B.J. Phiri, Gloria Huwiler, Nellie Munamonga, Dyna Mufuni, Nancy Murilo, Ritah Mubanga, Chileshe Kalimamukwento, Travers Merrill
Synopsis – What to Expect from “I Am Not a Witch”
I Am Not a Witch is a 2017 British comedy-drama directed by Rungano Nyoni. The film follows a nine-year-old Zambian girl, Shula, who is accused of being a witch and is taken to a “witch camp” in rural Zambia.
The film begins with Shula being accused of being a witch by her village. She is brought to a witch camp, where she is tied to a white ribbon and told that if she ever cuts the ribbon, she will be cursed. Despite her protests of innocence, she is made to wear a white dress and black hat and is put to work in the camp.
At the camp, Shula meets a variety of other witches, including an older woman, a young boy, and a man with a goat. She also meets a government official, Mr. Banda, who is in charge of the camp. He tells her that she can become a “useful witch” by using her powers to help the villagers.
Shula is initially reluctant to use her powers, but she eventually agrees to help the villagers. She is able to use her powers to help them with their problems, such as finding lost items and curing illnesses. She also uses her powers to help the other witches in the camp, such as helping the old woman find her lost son.
The villagers become increasingly dependent on Shula’s powers and she is soon seen as a
Where to Watch “I Am Not a Witch”
If you are wondering where to watch “I Am Not a Witch”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “I Am Not a Witch” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “I Am Not a Witch” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to I Am Not a Witch