- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A rarity on the screen … a RAW slice of life!
- Genres: Drama, Romance, Crime
- Release Date: 1954-08-05
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame, Broderick Crawford, Edgar Buchanan, Kathleen Case, Peggy Maley, Diane DeLaire, Grandon Rhodes
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Human Desire”
Human Desire is a 1954 American film noir directed by Fritz Lang and starring Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame, and Broderick Crawford. The screenplay was adapted by Alfred Hayes from the novel La Bête Humaine by Émile Zola.
The story follows Jeff Warren (Glenn Ford), a veteran of the Korean War who has just returned home to the United States. He takes a job as a locomotive engineer on the railroad, working with his old friend Carl Buckley (Broderick Crawford). One day, they pick up a hitchhiker, Vicki Buckley (Gloria Grahame), who turns out to be Carl’s wife. Jeff is instantly attracted to her and his feelings are reciprocated.
When Jeff finds out that Vicki is being abused by Carl, he decides to intervene and protect her. He takes her away from Carl and they begin a passionate affair. Unfortunately, their relationship is complicated by Carl’s vengeful pursuit. He is determined to get Vicki back and will stop at nothing to do so.
Jeff and Vicki’s relationship is further complicated by the fact that Jeff is already married to Alice (Cathy O’Donnell). Despite this, he is still determined to protect Vicki from Carl’s wrath and they try to find a way to be together.
In the end, Jeff and Vicki’s love is put to the ultimate test when Carl’s pursuit leads to a violent confrontation.
Where to Watch “Human Desire”
If you are wondering where to watch “Human Desire”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Human Desire” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Human Desire” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Human Desire