Hulu is great but it has some annoying glitches on occasion. One of those is Hulu Error 94, and no matter what device you’re watching Hulu on, this can show up and immediately stop you from streaming shows or movies.
We’ve got the solution to get you back to streaming in no time. Let’s check out how to fix Hulu Error 94.
What is Hulu Error 94? Preliminary Troubleshooting
The problem with Hulu Error 94 is that it’s tough to know exactly what causes it. However, since it’s been a long-going issue that’s been happening with the service, it’s not completely random, and there are a few things that can cause it to happen.
A corrupted cache has to do with the settings that your device is using. The issue here is that sometimes, these settings can be corrupt and lead to Hulu streaming errors. The cache maintains a select amount of data so that you won’t have trouble streaming on demand or downloading files. But they can get corrupted and cause Hulu Error 94 so clear the cache and retry streaming.
When your connection isn’t steady or has an outage of some kind, you will often see Hulu Error 94. This is usually resolved when your connection stabilizes. Restart your internet connection and then the Hulu app too. Read on if the issue persists.
Some of you out there might be thinking “well, if I’m not connected to the internet and only downloading shows and watching them offline, then I won’t be affected by this error.” Clever as that may be. This will not save you from Hulu Error 94.
The reason is that on occasion, you will need to update Hulu for it to work properly, and if you’re refusing to connect to the internet, you won’t get these updates, and you will likely get Hulu Error 94.
With VPNs, you can access shows and movies that might not be available in your current location. It also can mask your location and when that happens, your server could mark your connection as suspicious.
Hulu won’t tell you this is the case, but if you’re using a VPN and see Hulu Error 94, this is likely the reason why.
How Do I Fix Hulu Error 94?
Now that we’ve identified what can cause Hulu Error 94, how should we go about fixing it? Well, there are a variety of different fixes we can try here, so let’s check out a few of them.
With almost any tech, the first thing that you can do to try and fix it is to restart it. With Hulu Error 94, restart Hulu. To do that, select the settings in your Hulu app. Select force stop and then wait for it to close before opening it again.
Remove Your Devices
If restarting Hulu itself doesn’t fix the issue, then maybe the device you’re watching it on is the problem. To deactivate the device, a bit more goes into it than you might expect.
- Log into Hulu on Hulu.com
- Find the account tab from the drop-down menu.
- Click on manage devices,
- You should see all your registered devices by now. Select the device you’re having issues with and click the remove tab next to it.
- Reactivate it. Enter the code at the device login and try it again.
In many cases, this will fix Hulu Error 94!
How Do I Fix Hulu Error 94 on a Samsung TV?
If you have a Samsung TV, the process for fixing this issue on it is relatively simple –
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Hulu
- Navigate to Force Stop. This will close Hulu.
You should then be able to reopen it, and Hulu Error 94 should be gone.
Perform a Power Cycle
Although it’s used for other devices from time to time, a power cycle can be used with Hulu to fix this error.
- Turn off the device that you’re using Hulu on.
- Go to your router/modem and push the reset button on it for 20 seconds.
- After doing this, wait a minute and then turn all of the devices back on. This can fix Hulu Error 94.
How Do You Fix Hulu Error 94 on Windows?
If you’re using Hulu on a Windows device, you can solve the Hulu Error 94 problem pretty easily.
- Close Hulu on your device and then head over to the Microsoft Store.
- Go to Downloads and Updates from the menu in the upper right corner of the app. You should see a downloading icon appear after this for Hulu.
- After you’ve updated the app, try opening Hulu again. If the error is gone, you are good to go.
Clear Hulu App Cache on Android TVs
If none of the above have worked out and you’ve got an Android TV, you’ve got one last option to try and get rid of Hulu Error 94.
- Navigate to Settings > Storage > Apps
- You will need to search for Hulu here, and when you do, you will see an option to clear the cache.
- Restart the Hulu app and see if you can stream with no problems.
Hulu Error 94 can be pretty disruptive. But hopefully, this guide helped you in getting Hulu running smoothly again. If not, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add another workaround!