If you already haven’t signed up for HBO Max, you can use it for a 7-day free trial. After that, you have to choose from an ad-supported subscription at $9.99 per month or an ad-free subscription at $14.99 per month.
But if you want to stream your favorite HBO shows on the big screen, this post details different ways you can watch HBO Max on Vizio and LG TV.
How to Get HBO Max on TV
How to Get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV
If you are wondering how to start streaming HBO Max content on your Vizio TV, here’s what you got to do.
- Turn on your Vizio TV
- Use your Vizio remote and press the Home button
- Navigate to the Vizio app store.
- On this screen, you will find the apps which you already have on your Vizio smart TV.
- Click on the search bar and type in HBO Max
- Vizio will search through its app stores and navigate you to the HBO Max app page
- Select HBO Max from the search result and click the Add to Home button
- Wait for a few minutes for HBO Max to get installed on your Vizio Smart TV
- Now open the HBO Max app log in with your account username and password and start streaming your favorite HBO titles on Vizio.
How To Get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV Using Apple AirPlay
Before I tell you how to stream HBO Max on Vizio using AirPlay, you must make sure both your Vizio Smart TV and your iOS device (the Apple device you are using for streaming HBO) are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Launch HBO Max on your iOS device.
- Sign in with your credentials
- Search for an HBO Max title and start streaming.
- Search for the AirPlay icon on the mini-player and click it.
- You will find different options that support casting using AirPlay. Select Vizio TV and start enjoying your favorite HBO Max titles.
How To Get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV Using Android devices
Before you check out the steps to cast HBO Max from your Android streaming devices onto your Vizio Smart TV.
Make sure that both your Android device and Vizio are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Launch HBO Max on your Android device.
- Sign in with your credentials
- Search for an HBO Max title and start the show.
- Now, click on the Cast icon to mirror your app content
- From the list of casting options, select Vizio TV and you are good to go.
How To Get HBO Max on LG TV
LG Smart TVs come pre-loaded with popular apps. In case HBO Max isn’t already installed on your LG TV, here’s how you can get HBO Max on LG TV.
- First, press on the Home button
- While on the Home page, click on the Apps icon to open the LG content store.
- In the content store, you can find popular streaming, entertainment, and gaming apps that are already installed on your TV
- Click on the Search icon, type in HBO Max
- Click Install and wait for some time for the app packages to get installed on your LG TV.
- Once HBO Max is installed, click Launch to open HBO Max.
- Sign in with your username and password and voila, now you can enjoy your favorite titles from HBO Max on your LG Smart TV.
- Once you have installed HBO Max, its icon will show up on the Home screen.
How to Watch HBO Max on a Smart TV Without Installing The App
So far we discussed how to get HBO Max on Vizio and LG Smart TV. But in all the scenarios you had to either install the app on your respective smart TVs or cast it from iOS or Android devices.
But there’s a way to stream HBO Max on your smart TV without installing the app. To do that –
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your machine and another end to your Smart TV.
- Open a browser on your laptop/ PC
- Visit HBO Max, and sign in with your account details
- Now you can stream your PC’s display on your smart TV
This way, you need to install any apps or worry about upgrading them from time to time. However, you have to deal with the clutter of the HDMI cable.
So there you go. You can install the HBO app on your Vizio or LG smart TV and start streaming from the TV itself. Or you can cast HBO Max onto Vizio or LG TV from your iOS or Android streaming device.
But you need to make sure the device that you are using for streaming HBO Max and your smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work. If you want to keep things simple, you can open HBO Max on a browser and share the screen onto your TV using an HDMI cable.