Amazon’s very own audiobook service has one of the biggest audiobook libraries right now. Ranging from talk shows, books, life stories, and whatnot, Audible has something for every listener.
The prices on Audible are already quite competitive. The Audible Premium Plus will cost you $15 a month, that too after you enjoy a 30-day free trial.
Throw in the Audible Credits and the deals get sweeter and sweeter.
One Credit = One Audiobook of your choosing.
With this article, we will tell you how to get those credits on audible for free. Let’s get straight to it.
P.S. It’s really easy to get Audible credits.
Types Of Audible Credits
There are various types of credits you can receive on Audible. Here’s a brief intro to all of them.
- Membership Credits: There is a fixed amount of Audible credits that all members receive monthly. Different members will have different plans and receive a different number of monthly credits.
- Complimentary Credits: Audible regularly dish out complimentary credits to their loyal listeners. Think of it as a gift from Audible.
- Promotional Credits: Exclusive credits from Audible on new releases. Mostly to promote audiobooks from new authors.
- Gift Credit: When you buy an Audible Gift Membership for anyone, you also receive gift credits which you can redeem to buy new content.
- Extra Credit: Buying a big bundle of books has its perks. You receive a lot of content to listen to as well as some extra credit that you can stock for your next purchase.
- Return Credit: When you return an audiobook bought with an Audible credit, you receive the credit back as well.
Ways to Get Audible Credit For Free
1. Audible SignUp
Simply downloading the Audible app on your phone and signing up will get your Audible credits for free. If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you will receive two credits/month for free.
For a basic member, the credits quota is one credit/month.
In summary, you can get free Audible credits just by signing up or signing in with your Amazon account. How many credits you get will depend on the level of your Audible membership.
Check out the SIX Audible Membership Plans and choose the one that suits you the best.
2. Lookout For Daily Deals
Just like on Amazon, Audible also puts up crazy discounts on a variety of audiobooks, mostly on new releases. These are the perfect moments to get new content for free.
We know it’s not getting you a direct credit, but it gets you a free book, which is the ultimate goal here.
You will need to turn on notifications for new deals. Here’s how you do it:
- Sign-In on audible.com.
- Go to your account.
- Navigate and click on Notifications.
- Tick the ‘Sales and Offers’ box.
Now you will receive emails from Audible for any deals/discounts on any audiobook in the biggest library.
3. Win The Great Audible Challenge
Started by Audible in 2020, the Audible Challenge was a genius move to increase Audible traffic as well as reward ardent listeners. The winner of this contest will get a $20 Amazon credit.
The best part- you can use this $20 Amazon credit to shop on Audible as well as on Amazon.
4. Redeem A Gift/Promo Code
This is less a way to get free Audible credits and more of a way to save them. You can redeem a promotional code or a gift card to get hefty discounts on any audiobook you want.
These promotional codes can be from Audible itself, third-party promotional websites, or even a gift card. Sometimes, authors themselves offer coupons and discount codes to their followers to amp up sales of their audiobooks.
Groupon is one of the best websites to get promo codes for Audible, so do check it out.
5. Return The Titles You Didn’t Like
For its Premium Plus members, Audible allows a return policy on any title bought within a 365-day period. Any member can return up to three audiobooks within a year.
There is a catch, you will only receive back credits if you bought the title with Audible credits. If you bought it with cash or gift cards, the return will be in cash or gift card as well.
Here’s how you return an Audible audiobook:
- Log In to your Audible account and go to ‘Purchase History.’
- Find the book you want to return.
- Navigate and click on ‘Return Title.’
- You will be asked to select the reason for your return.
- Select the reason and click on ‘Return.’
Note: Audible reserves the right to monitor your returns. If they feel you are abusing this policy, Audible might deny your returns or at least deny your refunds.
Similarly, some titles are not eligible for return.
6. Buy Audible Credits
You can always buy more Audible credits if you feel like you are running through them faster than you’re getting them. However, there are a few conditions to buy new Audible credits.
- You need to be an active Audible member with at least 30 days on the same plan.
- You have less than 2 Audible credits.
Once this happens, here’s how to buy Audible credits.
- You will see the ‘Buy 3 Extra Credits’ prompt on your Audible dashboard.
- When you click on ‘Buy 3 Extra Credits’, you’ll see the following pop-up:
*Images are for illustration only. Prices may vary region-wise.
- Click On ‘Buy Now’, and 3 credits will be added to your account.
Important Tip: Directly buying audiobooks is cheaper than buying a 3-credit bundle.
How To Get Free Audible Titles?
Buying audiobooks using Audible credits isn’t the only way you can enjoy quality content for free. There are plenty of other ways to get the best Audible content, including the Audible Originals, for free.
By now, you know how you can get Audible credits for free. Now, we tell you how to get Audible audiobooks for free.
1. Exchange Titles
Just as it allows you to return a title, Audible allows you to exchange a title as well. The rules are similar to returning. You can only exchange a book within a year of purchase.
In other words, you buy a new audiobook; and if you don’t like it, you exchange it for a new one absolutely free.
Although limited, it’s a good deal.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Login to your Audible account.
- Find the book you want to exchange.
- Click On ‘Exchange Title.’
As you can see in the image, some titles are not eligible for exchange.
How many exchanges are allowed?
Audible allows around 2-3 exchanges per year. It’s all at the discretion of Audible. If they feel you are abusing the privilege, you lose it- just like the return privilege.
2. Become An Audiobook Reviewer
Just as food critics enjoy free food and then write about it, you can enjoy free audiobooks from Audible and many other platforms if you are willing to become an audiobook reviewer.
All you need to do is join websites like Audiobook Boom. Authors publish their audiobooks here for people to listen to and then review, all for free.
You do need to provide a review, though.
3. Join Audible Free Listens
Audible has one of the biggest audiobook libraries.
Luckily, a lot of the content is totally free. So, you always have the option of Audible Free Listens. The Free Listens section has audiobooks, podcasts, interviews, and a lot more.
That’s all we have for you right now. Getting free Audible credits is easy, but you will end up spending money one way or another, eventually, get hooked, and sign up for a Premium Plus membership!
You can try the age-old ‘making a new account with a new card every month’- but the cards will end too at some point.
Q. Can I Transfer My Audible Credits?
No, you cannot transfer your Audible credits to anyone else. It’s a ‘use them or lose them’ policy. However, what you can do is buy a title with those credits and then transfer that title as a gift.
You can buy and gift new credits to someone else from the Gift Center.
Q. Can My Audible Credits Expire?
Yes, your Audible credits will expire after a year of their issuance. So, instead of stocking up on credits, it’s best to use them regularly.
If you don’t need them, you can always use them to buy titles for your friends and family members and give them their favorite titles as a gift.