HBO Max, HBO’s very own streaming service has been gaining momentum since its launch in 2020. With a growing number of HBO originals and those becoming instant hits, viewers were quick to get HBO Max.
Most users are generally looking for how to delete HBO Max so that they can reset for a new HBO Max with Amazon Prime or Xfinity.
Or maybe you just want to delete the account, or maybe, remove the subscription.
Here’s everything about it.
HBO Max: The Netflix Killer?
HBO Max is a new streaming service that offers access to plenty of watchable content, including HBO originals and other high-profile shows from the biggest production houses in Hollywood.
HBO Max has a lot to offer. It has one of the most recognizable names in television, an extensive library of existing material, and an existing distribution network.
But there are also several potential hurdles for the new streaming service to overcome before it can compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
HBO Max Profiles: An Overview!
HBO Max allows users to create separate profiles for different household members.
Each profile has its separate watch history, recommendations, and settings. This makes it easier for everyone to find and access their favorite shows and movies and keeps personalized recommendations separate from other household members.
Users can have up to five profiles on each HBO Max account.
By selecting the profile icon in the upper right corner, users can switch between profiles. This is especially useful for families with kids, as it allows parents to set up profiles for their children and control their content with parental controls.
How to Delete HBO Max Profile?
To delete an HBO Max profile, follow these steps:
- Go to the HBO Max website and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen and select “Manage Profiles” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the profile you want to delete and click on the “Edit” button.
- On the next page, click on the “Delete Profile” button.
- A pop-up window will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the profile. Click on “Delete” to confirm.
How to Delete HBO Max Account on Phone?
Here are the steps to delete the HBO Max account on your phone.
- Log in to the mobile web version of HBO Max
- Choose “Settings” and “Privacy.”
- Click “Account” on the left-hand side.
- Click “Delete.”
- Select “Delete” from the message list.
- Then, click “Delete” once again after entering your password.
How to Delete HBO Max Account Without Password?
- Log in to your friend’s HBO Max account to access HBO Max’s support and request page.
- Report your account to HBO Max and ask them to delete it.
- Provide them with information about your previous accounts, such as your ID, as this will simplify their work and prove that the account belongs to you.
- Ensure you confirm the deletion of your account after completing this step.
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
- No option to delete your profile.
Solution: You might face this problem because your account is locked. So, it’s best to contact their customer support team and ask about this issue. They will surely help you with the same as soon as possible.
- No profiles are displayed when opening HBO Max
Solution: This could be due to server maintenance or some other technical issue that needs to be solved soon. This can be resolved by contacting their customer support team and asking them about the same. This issue will surely be resolved quickly by them.
And that’s how you delete your HBO Max Account.
It is a simple process that can be done in a few steps. But remember, this is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
So, cancel your subscription and permanently remove all personal information before deleting HBO Max- just to be safe.
It’s also important to note that you will also lose access to all of the content associated with your account. If you re-subscribe to HBO Max, you’ll be starting from scratch.