- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: See the world a little differently.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2005-04-29
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: $0.4 million
- Production Companies: Lions Gate Films, Tribeca Productions, Bob Yari Productions, Southpaw Entertainment, Jeff Skoll Productions
Cast & Crew
Anton Yelchin, Téa Leoni, David Duchovny, Robin Williams, Erykah Badu, Frank Langella, Magali Amadei, Claire Lautier, Zelda Williams, Bernie Sheredy, Olga Sosnovska, Mark Margolis, Alice Drummond, Willie Garson, Stephen Spinella, Orlando Jones, Harold Cartier, Gideon Jacobs, Adam LeFevre, Leslie Lyles, Mark Richard Keith, James Ockimey, Jonah Meyerson, Jill Shackner, Lisby Larson, Michael Chapman, Henry Strozier, Andrée Damant, Étienne Draber, Chantal Garrigues, Mary Fortune, Lester Cohen, Roxy Toporowych, Francesca Buccellato, Erica Tazel
Synopsis – What to Expect from “House of D”
House of D is a coming-of-age story set in New York City in the 1970s. The film follows 13-year-old Tommy (Anton Yelchin) as he struggles to make sense of his life. His mother, played by Robin Williams, is a widow who works long hours to make ends meet. Tommy’s best friend, Pappass (Erykah Badu), is a mentally challenged janitor in the same building where Tommy lives. Tommy’s only other confidant is an incarcerated artist (David Duchovny) whom he visits in prison.
As Tommy navigates his way through adolescence, he learns to confront his fears and accept his past. He discovers the joys of life and the beauty of friendship. He also comes to terms with his mother’s death, and learns that he must take responsibility for his own life.
The film follows Tommy as he matures and learns to make his own decisions. Along the way, he meets a young woman (Téa Leoni) who helps him to understand the importance of taking risks and living life to the fullest.
The film culminates with Tommy’s graduation from middle school. As he looks forward to the future, he reflects on the lessons he has learned and the people who have helped him along the way. House of D is a touching and uplifting story about friendship, family, and growing up.
Where to Watch “House of D”
If you are wondering where to watch “House of D”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “House of D” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “House of D” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to House of D