- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: There’s More Than One Way To Keep A Marriage Together…
- Genres: Comedy, Family
- Release Date: 1996-08-14
- Runtime: 108.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Rysher Entertainment, Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Pollak, Kyle Howard, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jennifer Tilly, Christopher McDonald, Wallace Shawn, Ray Walston, Herbert Russell, Colleen Camp, Caroline Aaron, Sheila McCarthy, Amy Sakasitz, Mooky Arizona, Patrika Darbo, Josh Wolford, K. Todd Freeman, Daniel Roebuck, Ben Stein, Michael Hitchcock, Shelley Hack
Synopsis – What to Expect from “House Arrest”
House Arrest is a 1996 comedy film directed by Harry Winer and starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Pollak, and Wallace Shawn. The film follows the story of a teenage boy named Grover Beindorf (played by Christopher McDonald) who is sentenced to house arrest after being caught shoplifting.
Grover is forced to stay in his home for the duration of his punishment, and his parents, George (Kevin Pollak) and Mary (Jamie Lee Curtis), decide to make the most of the situation and turn it into a family bonding experience. They set up a series of rules and regulations which Grover must adhere to, including no television, no phone, no visitors, and no leaving the house.
Grover quickly becomes bored and frustrated with his situation, and begins to find ways to break the rules. He has his friends sneak in and out of the house and even tries to find a way out of the house himself. Meanwhile, his parents struggle to keep him in line while trying to keep their own marriage intact.
The situation gets increasingly complicated when Grover’s friends plan a party at his house and invite a girl he likes. His parents find out about the party and try to stop it, but Grover and his friends manage to outsmart them and the party goes on.
Grover eventually learns a valuable lesson about responsibility and respect for authority, and the family is reunited in the end. House Arrest is a funny and heartwarming comedy
Where to Watch “House Arrest”
If you are wondering where to watch “House Arrest”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “House Arrest” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “House Arrest” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to House Arrest