- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Smack destiny in the face.
- Genres: Comedy, Action, Drama
- Release Date: 2007-08-03
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $14.4 million
- Production Companies: Paramount, Broadway Video, The Lonely Island, Michaels, Goldwyn
Cast & Crew
Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Bill Hader, Danny McBride, Isla Fisher, Sissy Spacek, Ian McShane, Will Arnett, Chris Parnell, Chester Tam, Mark Acheson, Brittany Tiplady, Ken Kirzinger, Brittney Irvin, Alana Husband, Andrew Moxham, Terri O’Neill, Alvin Sanders, Chris Eastman, Paulo Ribeiro, Paul Herbert, Carly McKillip, Donavon Stinson, John Destry, Doug Abrahams, Frank C. Turner, Henry Michaels, Gillian Barber, Sammy Fattedad, William S. Taylor, Mi, Jung Lee, Carrie Ruscheinsky, Charlie Hope, Matthew Gallagher, Victoria Kampbell, Titan Toyish, Joshua Homme, Joseph Castillo, Alain Moschulski, Troy Van Leeuwen, Jesse Haddock, Ometa Gittens, Aaron Au, Brett Chan, John Burnside, Stephen Altman, Ryan Hess, Jennifer LaPlaca, Meghan K. Lees, Tom MacNeill, Elizabeth McCarthy, Marjorie Roden, Akiva Schaffer, Patricia Schaffer
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Hot Rod”
Hot Rod is a 2007 American comedy film directed by Akiva Schaffer and written by Pam Brady. It stars Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher, Jorma Taccone, Bill Hader, Danny McBride, and Sissy Spacek.
The film follows Rod Kimble, a self-proclaimed stuntman, as he attempts to jump 15 buses in order to raise money for his abusive stepfather Frank’s heart operation. Rod is assisted by his best friend Kevin, his half-brother Rico, and his stunt crew, consisting of Dave, his cousin Denise, and her friend Patrick.
The film begins with Rod attempting to jump a ramp over a pool with his moped, only to crash into the pool after the moped stalls. Rod’s stepfather Frank scolds him for his failure and tells him that he needs to raise $50,000 for his heart operation or else he will die.
Rod decides to attempt to jump 15 buses in order to raise the money. He and his stunt crew set out to train for the jump, but they soon realize that they are in over their heads.
Meanwhile, Frank’s daughter, Denise, is dating a rich snob named Lance, who does not approve of Rod’s stunt. Denise encourages Rod to pursue his dream, and the two begin to develop a romantic relationship.
On the day of the jump, Rod and his crew are ready to go, but they soon realize that
Where to Watch “Hot Rod”
If you are wondering where to watch “Hot Rod”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Hot Rod” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Hot Rod” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Hot Rod