- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They needed a second chance to finish first.
- Genres: Drama, Family
- Release Date: 1986-11-14
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $28.6 million
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures, De Haven Productions
Cast & Crew
Gene Hackman, Barbara Hershey, Dennis Hopper, Sheb Wooley, Fern Persons, Chelcie Ross, Robert Swan, Michael O’Guinne, Wil Dewitt, John Robert Thompson, Michael Sassone, Gloria Dorson, Mike Dalzell, Skip Welker, Eric Gilliom, Maris Valainis, David Neidorf
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Hoosiers”
Hoosiers is a classic sports drama set in the 1950s small-town of Hickory, Indiana. The movie follows the story of Norman Dale (Gene Hackman), a former college basketball coach who takes a job at Hickory High School. Dale is a hard-nosed coach who has an unorthodox approach to coaching, but he quickly wins over the townspeople and the players.
The team is led by Jimmy Chitwood (Maris Valainis), a star player who is determined to bring the state championship to Hickory. Despite the team’s initial struggles, they eventually start to come together and find success.
The team’s success brings out the town’s old rivalries and tensions, as well as the suspicions of the school board. The board is determined to get rid of Dale and bring in a more conventional coach, but Dale’s players are determined to fight for him.
The team eventually makes it to the state championship game, and it is up to Dale and the players to prove themselves. As the game progresses, the team’s determination and skill come together in a thrilling climax. In the end, Dale and the team prove that they have what it takes to be champions.
Where to Watch “Hoosiers”
If you are wondering where to watch “Hoosiers”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Hoosiers” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Hoosiers” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Hoosiers