- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: This holiday expect the unexpected
- Genres: Fantasy, TV Movie
- Release Date: 2007-10-12
- Runtime: 185.0 min
- Budget: $9.4 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: The Mob
Cast & Crew
David Jason, Marc Warren, Michelle Dockery, David Warner, Tony Robinson, Nigel Planer, Peter Guinness, Stephen Marcus, Craig Conway, Rhodri Meilir, Sinead Matthews, Ian Richardson, Neil Pearson, Nicholas Tennant, Richard Katz, Ed Coleman, Shend, Joss Ackland, Terry Pratchett
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Hogfather”
Hogfather is a 2007 fantasy comedy film based on the novel of the same name by Terry Pratchett. The movie follows the story of the Hogfather, a mythical figure who is responsible for delivering presents to children on Hogswatchnight.
The story begins with the Hogfather going missing, leaving the world of Discworld in chaos. Death, the anthropomorphic embodiment of death, is forced to take his place as the Hogfather in order to keep the balance of the universe. Death is accompanied by his granddaughter Susan Sto Helit, a schoolteacher, who helps him to understand the importance of the Hogfather and the true meaning of Hogswatchnight.
Meanwhile, a group of evil wizards known as the Auditors are attempting to take control of Discworld and eliminate the Hogfather. They enlist the help of a malicious creature called the Tooth Fairy to help them achieve their goal.
In order to save the Hogfather and restore balance to the universe, Susan and Death must confront the Auditors and the Tooth Fairy. Along their journey, they enlist the help of a talking skeleton, a magical talking raven, a group of wizards, and a group of children.
Together, they must battle the Auditors and the Tooth Fairy, while also learning the true meaning of Hogswatchnight and the importance of family and friendship. In the end, the Hogfather is saved and balance is restored to Discworld.
Where to Watch “Hogfather”
If you are wondering where to watch “Hogfather”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Hogfather” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Hogfather” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Hogfather