- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: a story of ambition, sacrifice, seduction and other career moves.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1998-06-12
- Runtime: 101.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.9 million
- Production Companies: October Films, Antidote Films (I)-391 Productions
Cast & Crew
Radha Mitchell, Gabriel Mann, Ally Sheedy, Patricia Clarkson, Charis Michelsen, David Thornton, Anh Duong, Helen Mendes, Bill Sage, Cindra Feuer, Anthony Ruivivar, Elaine Tse, Rudolf Martin, Laura Ekstrand, Tammy Grimes, Sarita Choudhury
Synopsis – What to Expect from “High Art”
High Art is a 1998 drama film which follows the story of Syd (Radha Mitchell), a young and ambitious magazine editor who is struggling to find her place in the world.
Syd is offered the opportunity to interview a reclusive photographer, Lucy Berliner (Ally Sheedy), who is living in her family’s old building. Syd is drawn to Lucy’s work and starts to develop a close bond with her. Lucy introduces Syd to her world of art and photography, and Syd finds herself increasingly drawn into Lucy’s world.
Meanwhile, Syd’s personal life is in turmoil. Her boyfriend, James (Josh Lucas), is a drug addict and their relationship is becoming increasingly strained. Syd is also struggling to find balance between her career and her home life.
When Syd discovers that Lucy is a lesbian, she is initially shocked, but eventually comes to accept it. As Syd and Lucy’s friendship grows, Syd becomes more and more involved in Lucy’s life. She helps Lucy to get her work published and even takes on the task of helping her to find a new home.
The film follows Syd and Lucy’s growing relationship and examines the struggles Syd faces in her personal life and career. It is a story of self-discovery and acceptance as Syd learns to accept herself and those around her. High Art is a powerful and moving film about the power of friendship and the importance of self-acceptance.
Where to Watch “High Art”
If you are wondering where to watch “High Art”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “High Art” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “High Art” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to High Art