- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A gambler who trusted no one. A woman who risked everything. And a passion that brought them together in the most dangerous city in the world.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1990-12-11
- Runtime: 144.0 min
- Budget: $40.0 million
- Revenue: $9.2 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Mirage Films
Cast & Crew
Robert Redford, Lena Olin, Alan Arkin, Tomas Milian, Daniel Davis, Tony Plana, Betsy Brantley, Lise Cutter, Richard Farnsworth, Mark Rydell, Vasek Simek, Fred Asparagus, Richard Portnow, Dion Anderson, Carmine Caridi, James Medina, Joe Lala, Salvador Levy, Bernie Pollack, Owen Roizman, Victor Rivers, Alex Ganster, René Monclova, Miguel Ángel Suárez, Dennis Farina, Raúl Juliá
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Havana”
Havana is a romantic drama set in the 1950s, at the time of the Cuban revolution. Jack Weil (Robert Redford) is an American businessman in Cuba, running a casino for wealthy tourists and living a life of luxury. He falls in love with Roberta Duran (Lena Olin), a beautiful Cuban woman who is married to a revolutionary.
Jack and Roberta become involved in a passionate affair, and Jack is determined to help her escape the country and start a new life in America. He arranges for her to fly out of Cuba, but at the last minute she decides to stay and fight for the revolution. Jack is devastated, but eventually decides to stay in Cuba and join the fight.
The story follows Jack and Roberta as they become involved in the revolution, and as they struggle to reconcile their love for each other with the political and social upheaval of their country. As the revolution takes hold, they must face difficult decisions and difficult consequences. In the end, Jack and Roberta must decide whether their love is strong enough to survive the revolution, or if they must part ways to pursue their own destinies.
Where to Watch “Havana”
If you are wondering where to watch “Havana”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Havana” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Havana” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Havana