- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They were meant to be. But exactly what they were meant to be is not quite clear.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1971-12-20
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: $1.2 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
Ruth Gordon, Bud Cort, Vivian Pickles, Cyril Cusack, Charles Tyner, Ellen Geer, Eric Christmas, G. Wood, Judy Engles, Shari Summers, Tom Skerritt, Susan Madigan, Ray K. Goman, Gordon Devol, Harvey Brumfield, Henry Dieckoff, Philip Schultz, Sonia Sorel, Margot Jones, Barry Higgins, Jerry Randall, Pam Pebermeyer, Buddy Joe Hooker, Hal Ashby
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Harold and Maude”
Harold and Maude is a 1971 American romantic dark comedy-drama film directed by Hal Ashby and released by Paramount Pictures. It follows the story of Harold Chasen, a young, wealthy, and morbidly obsessed 20-year-old, and his relationship with 79-year-old Maude, an eccentric and carefree woman.
The movie begins with Harold staging elaborate and dramatic suicide attempts to get the attention of his mother and her friends. After each failed attempt, he meets Maude, an elderly woman with a zest for life. The two quickly become friends, and Harold is drawn to Maude’s free-spirited and unconventional ways.
As their relationship grows, Harold introduces Maude to his wealthy and conservative family and friends, who are appalled by her behavior. Meanwhile, Harold and Maude’s friendship blossoms into a romantic relationship. They share a variety of experiences together, including going to a drag race, stealing a car, and attending a funeral.
Harold’s mother is increasingly concerned about the relationship, and she arranges for a psychiatrist to evaluate Harold. Despite her efforts, Harold and Maude’s relationship continues to grow.
As the movie progresses, Harold and Maude’s relationship reaches a turning point when Maude reveals that she is terminally ill. She encourages Harold to live life to the fullest and to not be afraid of death.
Harold is deeply affected by this revelation and is
Where to Watch “Harold and Maude”
If you are wondering where to watch “Harold and Maude”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Harold and Maude” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Harold and Maude” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Harold and Maude