- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It’ll be a killer party!
- Genres: Drama, Horror, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 1981-05-15
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)-Famous Players, The Birthday Film Company
Cast & Crew
Melissa Sue Anderson, Glenn Ford, Lawrence Dane, Sharon Acker, Frances Hyland, Tracey E. Bregman, Jack Blum, Matt Craven, Lenore Zann, David Eisner, Lisa Langlois, Michel, René Labelle, Richard Rebiere, Lesleh Donaldson, Earl Pennington, Murray Westgate, Jérôme Tiberghien, Maurice Podbrey, Vlasta Vrana, Walter Massey, Griffith Brewer, Louis Del Grande, Gina Dick, Ron Lea, Terry Haig, Nicholas Kilbertus, Roland Nincheri, Allan Katz, Karen Stephen, Victor Knight, Damir Andrei
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Happy Birthday to Me”
Happy Birthday to Me is a 1981 Canadian slasher film directed by J. Lee Thompson and starring Melissa Sue Anderson, Glenn Ford, and Lawrence Dane. It follows a group of high school students who are being targeted by a serial killer on the night of their graduation.
The movie begins with a group of high school seniors, Virginia Wainwright (Melissa Sue Anderson), Bernie (Paula Shaw), Patrick (Matt Craven), Maddy (Lisa Langlois), and Steven (Frankie Faison), celebrating the end of their senior year. They are joined by Virginia’s best friend, Kate (Linda Goranson), and her boyfriend, Drew (Harvey Atkin).
Virginia is the most popular girl in school and is about to be crowned queen of the graduation ball. However, on the night of the ball, Virginia is nowhere to be found.
The following morning, the students are shocked to discover that Virginia is dead. It appears that she has been murdered, and the police begin to investigate the case.
At the same time, the students start to receive strange birthday cards from an unknown sender. The cards are addressed to each of them and contain a warning: “Happy Birthday to Me.”
The students soon discover that they are being targeted by a serial killer. As the body count rises, the students realize they must band together in order to survive.
The killer is eventually revealed to be
Where to Watch “Happy Birthday to Me”
If you are wondering where to watch “Happy Birthday to Me”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Happy Birthday to Me” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Happy Birthday to Me” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Happy Birthday to Me