- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Finding happiness can be a tragic comedy.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 1998-10-16
- Runtime: 139.0 min
- Budget: $3.0 million
- Revenue: $2.8 million
- Production Companies: Good Machine, Killer Films
Cast & Crew
Jane Adams, Jon Lovitz, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Dylan Baker, Lara Flynn Boyle, Justin Elvin, Cynthia Stevenson, Lila Glantzman, Leib, Gerry Becker, Rufus Read, Louise Lasser, Ben Gazzara, Camryn Manheim, Arthur J. Nascarella, Molly Shannon, Ann Harada, Douglas McGrath, Eytan Mirsky, Lisa Louise Langford, Anne Bobby, Socorro Santiago, Allison Furman, Wai Ching Ho, Bina Sharif, Jared Harris, Dan Moran, Evan Silverberg, Marla Maples, Hope Pomerance, Matt Malloy, Elizabeth Ashley, Marina Gayzidorskaya, Johann Carlo, Joe Lisi, José Rabelo, Diane Tyler, Todd Solondz
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Happiness”
Happiness is a 1998 black comedy-drama film written and directed by Todd Solondz. It follows the lives of three sisters, their families, and those around them.
The story begins with Joy Jordan, an overweight, unhappy woman who is stuck in a loveless marriage with her husband, Allen. Joy is also struggling with her feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. She is desperate for some kind of happiness in her life.
At the same time, Joy’s two sisters, Trish and Helen, are both dealing with their own issues. Trish is a successful career woman who is trying to balance her work and family life. Helen is a single mother who is struggling to make ends meet.
The story follows the sisters as their lives intersect and they all try to find some kind of happiness. Joy finds solace in a friendship with her neighbor, Ronnie, a former rock star who is now living a quiet life. Trish finds comfort in a relationship with her co-worker, Andy. Helen finds comfort in her relationship with her son, Billy.
As the story progresses, the sisters all find themselves in difficult situations. Joy is forced to confront her feelings for Ronnie, Trish is forced to choose between her career and her relationship with Andy, and Helen is forced to make difficult decisions about her son’s future.
The story culminates with all three sisters coming together to find a way to happiness. They
Where to Watch “Happiness”
If you are wondering where to watch “Happiness”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Happiness” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Happiness” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Happiness