- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The fateful entanglements of two men in love with the same woman.
- Genres: Drama, Romance, War, Action, Adventure
- Release Date: 1979-05-18
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $3.0 million
- Production Companies: Hanover Street, Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Harrison Ford, Lesley, Anne Down, Christopher Plummer, Alec McCowen, Max Wall, Patsy Kensit, Shane Rimmer, Sherrie Hewson, Cindy O’Callaghan, Di Trevis, William Hootkins, Richard Masur, John Ratzenberger, Jay Benedict, Keith Buckley, Eric Stine, Hugh Fraser, Suzanne Bertish, Eugene Lipinski, Gary Waldhorn, George Pravda, Michael Crane
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Hanover Street”
Hanover Street is a romantic war drama set in the midst of the Second World War. The story follows a British pilot, David Halloran (Harrison Ford) who is sent to bomb Germany and falls in love with a French woman, Jean (Lesley-Anne Down).
When David arrives in London, he meets and quickly falls in love with Jean, who is a French resistance fighter. Though they are both in love, their relationship is complicated by the war, as Jean is engaged to another man, a British officer. When David is sent on a mission to bomb Germany, he promises Jean that he will come back for her.
Meanwhile, Jean is sent to work for the British intelligence in Hanover Street. She is tasked with uncovering a German spy operating within the British military. As she gets closer to discovering the spy, she puts herself in great danger.
When David returns from his mission, he is surprised to find Jean in Hanover Street. He quickly realizes that she is in danger and is determined to protect her. With the help of his friends, he sets out to find the German spy and save Jean.
In the end, David and Jean are reunited and the German spy is apprehended. Despite the danger, their love has survived the war and they are able to be together at last.
Where to Watch “Hanover Street”
If you are wondering where to watch “Hanover Street”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Hanover Street” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Hanover Street” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Hanover Street