- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: One high school drama teacher is about to make a huge number 2.
- Genres: Comedy, Music
- Release Date: 2008-01-21
- Runtime: 92.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $4.9 million
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Steve Coogan, Catherine Keener, Joseph Julian Soria, Skylar Astin, Phoebe Strole, Melonie Diaz, Arnie Pantoja, Michael Esparza, Natalie Amenula, Marshall Bell, David Arquette, Elisabeth Shue, Amy Poehler, Marco Rodríguez, Deborah Chavez, Evan Adrian, Nat Faxon, Johnnie Hector, Arron Shiver, Josh Berry, J.D. Garfield
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Hamlet 2”
Hamlet 2 is a 2008 comedy film directed by Andrew Fleming and starring Steve Coogan. The film follows Dana Marschz (Steve Coogan), a failed actor-turned-drama teacher at a Tucson, Arizona high school. Despite receiving no respect from his students or the school board, Dana is determined to put on a show that will make him famous.
The show he chooses is a sequel to William Shakespeare’s classic tragedy, Hamlet. Despite the skepticism of his students, Dana is determined to make the play a success and prove to everyone that he is a talented artist. As the play progresses, Dana begins to realize the absurdity of his endeavor and must confront his own insecurities and limitations in order to make the show a success.
The play itself is a wild and wacky parody of the original Hamlet, with Dana playing the lead role of Hamlet 2.0. The play features outrageous musical numbers, outrageous costumes, and outrageous jokes that poke fun at the original play.
The play is a hit with the students and the audience, and Dana begins to gain the respect of his peers. However, the success of the play soon attracts the attention of a powerful Hollywood producer, who offers Dana a chance to make the play into a movie.
Dana must now decide if he is willing to sacrifice his artistic integrity in order to achieve his dream of becoming a famous actor. In the end, Dana must make a decision between fame
Where to Watch “Hamlet 2”
If you are wondering where to watch “Hamlet 2”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Hamlet 2” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Hamlet 2” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Hamlet 2