- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Film of Films
- Genres: Drama, Crime
- Release Date: 1924-12-04
- Runtime: 140.0 min
- Budget: $0.7 million
- Revenue: $0.3 million
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
Zasu Pitts, Gibson Gowland, Jean Hersholt, Dale Fuller, Tempe Pigott, Sylvia Ashton, Chester Conklin, Joan Standing, Jack Curtis, James F. Fulton, Florence Gibson, Cesare Gravina, Frank Hayes, Austen Jewell, Tiny Jones, Lillian Lawrence, Hughie Mack, Jack McDonald, Fanny Midgley, Lon Poff, S.S. Simon, Erich von Ritzau, Erich von Stroheim, James Wang
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Greed”
Greed is a 1924 silent film directed by Erich von Stroheim and starring Gibson Gowland, Zasu Pitts, Jean Hersholt, and Dale Fuller. It tells the story of an avaricious shopkeeper, McTeague (Gowland), who wins a lottery and decides to use his newfound wealth to marry his sweetheart, Trina (Pitts). However, his newfound wealth and newfound marriage soon become a source of contention between McTeague and his former friend, Marcus (Hersholt).
The film begins in San Francisco, where McTeague is a dentist. He is content with his life until Trina wins a lottery of $5,000. McTeague is immediately smitten with Trina and proposes marriage. They marry and move to a small apartment, but McTeague’s newfound wealth and newfound marriage soon become a source of contention between McTeague and his former friend, Marcus, who is now jealous and resentful of McTeague’s success.
Meanwhile, Marcus begins to plot against McTeague, telling Trina that McTeague is only after her money and trying to convince her to give him her lottery winnings. Trina is initially hesitant to believe him, but eventually gives Marcus a large portion of the money.
McTeague eventually discovers Marcus’ plan and confronts him. In a fit of rage, McTeague kills Marcus and is arrested and sent to prison. While
Where to Watch “Greed”
If you are wondering where to watch “Greed”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Greed” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Greed” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Greed