- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2006-11-08
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $50.0 million
- Revenue: $9.4 million
- Production Companies: Kanzaman Productions, The Saul Zaentz Company, Atresmedia, Xuxa Producciones S.L.
Cast & Crew
Javier Bardem, Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgård, Randy Quaid, José Luis Gómez, Michael Lonsdale, Blanca Portillo, Mabel Rivera, Unax Ugalde, Fernando Tielve, David Calder, Ramón Langa, Manuel de Blas, Andrés Lima, Concha Hidalgo, Trinidad Rugero, Silvia Kal, Emilio Linder, José María Sacristán, Simón Andreu, Jack Taylor, Julian Wadham, Ben Temple, Craig Stevenson, Scott Cleverdon, Carlos Bardem, Aurélia Thiérrée, Eusebio Lázaro, Lola Peno, May Heatherly, Víctor Israel, Enrique Martínez, Balbino Lacosta, Manolo Caro, Mercedes Castro, Jose L. Vasquez, Tamar Novas, David Luque, Carolina Petterson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Goya’s Ghosts”
Goya’s Ghosts is a historical drama released in 2006. It is set in 18th century Spain, during the Spanish Inquisition.
The film follows the story of painter Francisco Goya, played by Javier Bardem, and his muse Ines, played by Natalie Portman. Goya is a successful painter who has been commissioned to paint a portrait of King Charles IV.
Ines is a beautiful young woman who has been falsely accused of heresy by the Inquisition. She is sentenced to be burned at the stake, but Goya intervenes and helps her escape.
Goya and Ines flee to Madrid, where they are pursued by the Inquisition. Goya hides Ines in his studio, where she meets his friend Lorenzo, played by Stellan Skarsgard. Lorenzo helps to protect Ines, and the two eventually fall in love.
Meanwhile, Goya’s paintings are becoming increasingly controversial, and he is eventually arrested and charged with heresy. He is sentenced to death, but Ines and Lorenzo manage to save him.
The film follows Goya’s struggle to survive in a time of religious persecution and intolerance. He continues to paint, and his work eventually earns him a pardon from the King.
Goya’s Ghosts is an emotionally powerful story about the power of art and the strength of the human spirit. It is a compelling story of courage, faith, and love in the face of adversity.
Where to Watch “Goya’s Ghosts”
If you are wondering where to watch “Goya’s Ghosts”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Goya’s Ghosts” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Goya’s Ghosts” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Goya’s Ghosts