- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A tale of acting up, acting out, and acting your age.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2012-05-11
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: $4.7 million
- Production Companies: Pantelion Films
Cast & Crew
Eva Mendes, Cierra Ramirez, Matthew Modine, Landon Liboiron, Patricia Arquette, Raini Rodriguez, Russell Peters, Eugenio Derbez, Richard Harmon, Brenna O’Brien, Tiera Skovbye, Rady Panov
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Girl in Progress”
Girl in Progress is a 2012 coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Patricia Riggen and written by Hiram Martinez.
The story follows Ansiedad (Eva Mendes), a single mother struggling to raise her teenage daughter Grace (Cierra Ramirez) in a small town. Ansiedad is a hardworking nurse, but she’s also a bit of a party girl who is still trying to find her place in the world.
Grace, a bright and creative girl, is stuck in the middle of her mother’s chaotic life. She’s desperate to break out of her mundane existence and experience something more. To that end, she decides to create a checklist of tasks to become an “adult” and become her own person.
The film follows Grace as she embarks on her journey of self-discovery. She experiences heartache, joy, and the realization that growing up is not as easy as she thought it would be. Along the way, she finds friendship and support from her peers, as well as her mother’s best friend, Tavita (Patricia Arquette).
Through her journey, Grace learns valuable lessons about life, love, and friendship, and ultimately discovers her place in the world. In the end, she is able to find her own path and become the person she wants to be.
Where to Watch “Girl in Progress”
If you are wondering where to watch “Girl in Progress”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Girl in Progress” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Girl in Progress” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Girl in Progress