- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Friendship pulled them together. Love tore them apart.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2012-10-18
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.0 million
- Production Companies: Det Danske Filminstitut, BBC Film, Ingenious Media, Miso Film, BFI, The Match Factory, Media House Capital, Adventure Films
Cast & Crew
Elle Fanning, Alice Englert, Christina Hendricks, Alessandro Nivola, Timothy Spall, Annette Bening, Jodhi May, Oliver Platt, Oliver Milburn, Greg Bennett, Andrew Hawley, Richard Strange, Marcus Shakesheff, Matt Hookings, Philip Harvey, Andy Joy, Robin Harvey, Stephen Boxer
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ginger & Rosa”
Ginger & Rosa is a British drama film released in 2012 and directed by Sally Potter. The film follows the lives of two teenage girls, Ginger (Elle Fanning) and Rosa (Alice Englert), living in London during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.
The film opens with Ginger and Rosa, two inseparable best friends, spending their days exploring the city, playing pranks, and talking about boys, politics, and the future. Ginger’s mother, Natalie (Christina Hendricks), is a free-spirited artist who is more of a friend to her daughter than a parent. Meanwhile, Rosa’s father, Roland (Alessandro Nivola), is a rigid disciplinarian who is more concerned with the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis than with his daughter’s life.
When Ginger’s parents announce their impending divorce, Ginger and Rosa’s friendship is put to the test. As Ginger’s world begins to unravel, she turns to radical political activism to cope with the pain of her parents’ separation. Meanwhile, Rosa is drawn to the safety of her father’s conservative views and is pushed away from her best friend.
Ginger and Rosa’s friendship is further tested when Ginger begins to develop feelings for a boy named Mark (Timothy Spall). As the Cuban Missile Crisis intensifies, Ginger and Rosa’s friendship and lives are threatened by their differences in opinion and growing separation.
Ginger and Rosa’s story is one of
Where to Watch “Ginger & Rosa”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ginger & Rosa”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ginger & Rosa” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ginger & Rosa” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ginger & Rosa