- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Time Has Come to Tell the Tale
- Genres: Horror, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1981-12-18
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures
Cast & Crew
Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr.-John Houseman, Craig Wasson, Patricia Neal, Alice Krige, Jacqueline Brookes, Miguel Fernandes, Lance Holcomb, Mark Chamberlin, Tim Choate, Kurt Johnson, Ken Olin, Brad Sullivan, Michael O’Neill, Guy Boyd, Robert Burr, Helena Carroll, Robin Curtis, Breon Gorman, James Greene, Ruth Hunt, Deborah Offner, Virginia Bingham, William F. Conway, Russell R. Bletzer, Terrance Mario Carnes, Alfred Curven, Edward F. Dillon, Alvin W. Fretz, Hugh Hires, Raymond J. Quinn, Barbara von Zastrow, Betty Low, Mason Cardiff, Gale Grindle
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ghost Story”
Ghost Story is a supernatural horror film released in 1981, directed by John Irvin and written by Lawrence D. Cohen. The movie stars Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., John Houseman, and Craig Wasson.
The movie follows four elderly men who are members of a secret society called the Chowder Society. The men have been friends since their college days and have kept a dark secret from their past. When one of the men, Edward Wanderley (Douglas Fairbanks Jr.) dies mysteriously, the other three men (Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, and John Houseman) decide to tell the story of their dark secret to the young man who is to be Edward’s successor (Craig Wasson).
The secret is that many years ago, the four men had been involved in a tragic accident that left one of their friends dead. They had been unable to save him and his ghost still haunts them to this day. The ghost of their friend has been manipulating events in their lives and they believe it is responsible for Edward’s death.
The three men tell the young man their story and explain that they believe the ghost is trying to take revenge on them. They also tell him that the only way to stop the ghost is to find out who it is and why it is seeking revenge.
The young man agrees to help them and they set out to uncover the ghost’s identity and its motives. Along
Where to Watch “Ghost Story”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ghost Story”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ghost Story” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ghost Story” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ghost Story