- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A love story.
- Genres: Drama, History
- Release Date: 2006-08-30
- Runtime: 122.0 min
- Budget: $16.8 million
- Revenue: $2.3 million
- Production Companies: Iron Film, Pressman Film, River Road Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Nicole Kidman, Robert Downey Jr.-Ty Burrell, Harris Yulin, Jane Alexander, Emmy Clarke, Genevieve McCarthy, Boris McGiver, Marceline Hugot, Mary Duffy, Emily Bergl, Gwendolyn Bucci, Christina Rouner, Matt Servitto, Lynn, Marie Stetson, Jess Osuna
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus”
Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus is a 2006 biographical drama film directed by Steven Shainberg and starring Nicole Kidman. The film focuses on Diane Arbus, a renowned photographer who was known for her provocative portraits of people on the fringes of society.
The film begins with Diane Arbus (Nicole Kidman) as a young woman living in New York City in the 1950s. She is a housewife and mother, living in a comfortable but stifling marriage to her husband, Allan (Ty Burrell). She is also a successful fashion photographer, but she yearns for something more.
One day, Diane meets a strange and mysterious man named Lionel (Robert Downey Jr.). Lionel is a reclusive man who lives in a dilapidated apartment filled with fur. He is a sideshow performer, and his strange behavior and appearance fascinate Diane. She soon begins to visit him regularly, and the two form an unlikely friendship.
As Diane begins to spend more time with Lionel, she starts to take a more daring approach to her photography. She begins to photograph people on the fringes of society, such as dwarves, transvestites, and circus freaks. Her photos become more provocative and controversial, and she quickly gains a reputation as a bold and daring photographer.
At the same time, Diane’s marriage to Allan begins to suffer. She is growing more distant and more obsessed with her work,
Where to Watch “Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus”
If you are wondering where to watch “Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus