- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Desperation Knows No Borders
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2008-03-26
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: $1.0 million
- Revenue: $5.5 million
- Production Companies: Cohen Media Group, Harwood Hunt Productions
Cast & Crew
Melissa Leo, Misty Upham, Charlie McDermott, John Canoe, Jay Klaitz, Dylan Carusona, James Reilly, Michael O’Keefe, Mark Boone Junior, Betty Ouyang
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Frozen River”
Frozen River is a 2008 drama film directed by Courtney Hunt and starring Melissa Leo and Misty Upham. The film follows the story of two desperate women from opposite sides of the law who are forced to team up in order to survive.
Ray Eddy (Melissa Leo) is a single mother of two living in a trailer park on the Mohawk reservation near the Canadian border. With the holidays approaching, Ray is desperate for money to buy Christmas presents for her kids. While out shopping, Ray meets Lila Littlewolf (Misty Upham), a Mohawk woman who has been smuggling illegal immigrants across the frozen river that separates the US and Canada. Ray is initially hesitant, but when she learns that Lila will pay her $1,500, she agrees to help.
The two women begin to smuggle immigrants across the river, but their operation is quickly jeopardized when they are caught by the police. Ray is arrested and Lila escapes, but Ray is released on bail and the two women continue their smuggling. Ray and Lila soon develop a bond as they come to understand each other’s struggles and motivations.
The two women eventually come to a crossroads when Lila’s brother is arrested for smuggling and Ray’s son runs away from home. Ray and Lila must now decide if they will continue their illegal activities or find another way to make money.
Frozen River is a powerful drama that
Where to Watch “Frozen River”
If you are wondering where to watch “Frozen River”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Frozen River” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Frozen River” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Frozen River