- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Truth Is Hiding Where No One Dares To Look.
- Genres: Drama, Thriller, Crime, Mystery
- Release Date: 2006-02-17
- Runtime: 113.0 min
- Budget: $37.7 million
- Revenue: $14.7 million
- Production Companies: Scott Rudin Productions, Revolution Studios
Cast & Crew
Samuel L. Jackson, Julianne Moore, Edie Falco, Aunjanue Ellis, William Forsythe, Anthony Mackie, Peter Friedman, Domenick Lombardozzi, Aasif Mandvi, Philip Bosco, Clarke Peters, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Portia, Fly Williams III, Haneefah Wood, Donna Cutugno, Genevieve Hudson, Price, Joe Forbrich, Ron Eldard, Dorian Missick, Chance Kelly, Colman Domingo
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Freedomland”
Freedomland is a 2006 drama film directed by Joe Roth and starring Samuel L. Jackson, Julianne Moore, and Edie Falco. It is based on the novel of the same name by Richard Price.
The film follows Brenda Martin (Julianne Moore), a single mother who is desperate to find her missing son, Cody (Caleb Moody). She reports his disappearance to the police, and Lt. Lorenzo Council (Samuel L. Jackson) is assigned to the case.
As the investigation progresses, Council discovers that Brenda’s son may have been abducted by an African-American man, which leads him to Freedomland, a housing project in the predominantly African-American neighborhood of Dempsy. Upon arriving, Council discovers that the residents of Freedomland are suspicious of him and his investigation, and are not willing to cooperate.
As Council continues his investigation, he discovers that Brenda is not telling him the whole truth about her son’s disappearance. Meanwhile, Brenda is struggling to cope with her son’s disappearance and is haunted by memories of her past.
The investigation eventually leads Council and Brenda to a shocking conclusion, and they are forced to confront their own prejudices and preconceptions. In the end, they come to terms with the truth and find redemption.
Where to Watch “Freedomland”
If you are wondering where to watch “Freedomland”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Freedomland” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Freedomland” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Freedomland