- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A simple western about the origin of the American Dream.
- Genres: Drama, Western
- Release Date: 2020-03-06
- Runtime: 122.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.1 million
- Production Companies: filmscience
Cast & Crew
John Magaro, Orion Lee, Toby Jones, Ewen Bremner, Scott Shepherd, Gary Farmer, Lily Gladstone, Alia Shawkat, Dylan Smith, Ryan Findley, Manuel Rodriguez, Patrick D. Green, Jared Kasowski, René Auberjonois, Jean, Luc Boucherot, Jeb Berrier, John Keating, Don MacEllis, Todd A. Robinson, Kevin, Michael Moore, Eric Martin Reid, Ted Rooney, Phelan Davis, Mike Wood, Sabrina Mary Morrison, Mitchell Saddleback, Mary Ann Perreira, T. Dan Hopkins, James Lee Jones, James Ridley, Eve the Cow
Synopsis – What to Expect from “First Cow”
First Cow is a 2020 American drama film directed by Kelly Reichardt and starring John Magaro, Orion Lee, Toby Jones, Ewen Bremner, and Alia Shawkat. The film follows two men, Cookie (Magaro) and King-Lu (Lee), who become unlikely friends in the Oregon Territory of the early 1800s.
Cookie is an itinerant cook who has been traveling the Northwest for years, while King-Lu is a Chinese immigrant who has recently arrived in the area. Together, the two men form an unlikely partnership that begins with a chance encounter in the wilderness.
Cookie and King-Lu have an idea to make some money: they will steal milk from a wealthy landowner’s prized cow and use it to make delicious pastries to sell at a local trading post. With the money they make, they plan to buy land and start their own business.
The two men must be careful, however, as they risk being caught and punished for their crime. As they try to make their dream a reality, they must also contend with the harsh realities of the Oregon Territory, including hostile natives, harsh weather, and the ever-present danger of being discovered.
Along the way, Cookie and King-Lu learn more about each other and discover the true meaning of friendship. As they work together to make their dreams come true, they must also learn to navigate the difficult terrain of the Oregon Territory.
Where to Watch “First Cow”
If you are wondering where to watch “First Cow”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “First Cow” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “First Cow” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to First Cow