- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They’re sharing a South Sea island with 7 little chaperones…and the Pacific as their battleground!
- Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 1964-12-10
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Cary Grant, Leslie Caron, Trevor Howard, Jack Good, Sharyl Locke, Pip Sparke, Verina Greenlaw, Stephanie Berrington, Jennifer Berrington, Laurelle Felsette, Nicole Felsette, Alex Finlayson, Peter Forster, Frank Marocco, John Napier, Simon Scott, Don Spruance, Ken Swofford, Richard Lupino
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Father Goose”
Father Goose is a classic romantic comedy from 1964 starring Cary Grant and Leslie Caron.
The story follows Walter Eckland (Grant), a curmudgeonly and reclusive WWII veteran living on a remote island in the South Pacific. Eckland is a loner who prefers the company of books to people, and he has no interest in being disturbed.
When a group of British schoolgirls and their teacher (Caron) are stranded on the island after their plane crashes, Eckland is reluctantly forced to take them in. Despite their differences, Eckland soon finds himself developing a fondness for the girls and their teacher.
As the days go on, Eckland and the teacher become closer, and he begins to learn how to open up and enjoy life again. However, the island is still under threat from the Japanese, and Eckland must protect the girls and their teacher from danger.
In the end, Eckland and the teacher realize their feelings for each other and decide to stay together on the island. With the help of the girls, they are able to build a new life together as a family.
Father Goose is a charming romantic comedy that celebrates the power of love and friendship. With its delightful performances, witty dialogue, and beautiful scenery, it is a timeless classic.
Where to Watch “Father Goose”
If you are wondering where to watch “Father Goose”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Father Goose” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Father Goose” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Father Goose