- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Fargo
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1996-03-08
- Runtime: 98.0
- Budget: $7.0 million
- Revenue: $60.6 million
- Production Companies: PolyGram Filmed Entertainment, Working Title Films
Cast & Crew
Frances McDormand, William H. Macy, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, John Carroll Lynch, Harve Presnell, Kristin Rudrüd, Bruce Bohne, Steve Reevis, Steve Park, Gary Houston, Sally Wingert, Larissa Kokernot, Melissa Peterman, Tony Denman, Larry Brandenburg, Kurt Schweickhardt, Michelle Hutchison, Bain Boehlke, Warren Keith, Michelle LeDoux, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Anderson
Fargo is a 1996 crime drama film written, produced, and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen. The film stars Frances McDormand as Marge Gunderson, a pregnant police chief from Brainerd, Minnesota who investigates a series of homicides related to a failed kidnapping plot.
The story begins with Jerry Lundegaard (William H. Macy), an unhappy car salesman who is desperate for money. He hires two criminals, Carl Showalter (Steve Buscemi) and Gaear Grimsrud (Peter Stormare), to kidnap his wife in exchange for a large ransom, which he plans to use to pay off his debts.
The plan goes awry when Grimsrud kills a state trooper and the kidnappers end up with more money than they were expecting. Meanwhile, Marge Gunderson discovers the crime and begins to investigate. She discovers that Jerry was behind the kidnapping and is able to track down the criminals.
In the end, Marge is able to apprehend the criminals and recover the ransom money. She also discovers that Jerry was behind the entire plot and is able to get him arrested.
Fargo is a gripping crime drama that follows Marge as she attempts to solve
How & Where to Watch “Fargo”
Wondering where to watch Fargo?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Fargo.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Fargo” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Fargo” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Fargo