- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: There’s no body in the family plot.
- Genres: Comedy, Crime, Thriller
- Release Date: 1976-04-09
- Runtime: 120.0 min
- Budget: $2.0 million
- Revenue: $7.9 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Alfred J. Hitchcock Productions
Cast & Crew
Barbara Harris, Bruce Dern, Karen Black, William Devane, Ed Lauter, Cathleen Nesbitt, Katherine Helmond, Warren J. Kemmerling, Edith Atwater, William Prince, Nicholas Colasanto, Marge Redmond, John Lehne, Charles Tyner, Alexander Lockwood, Martin West, Alfred Hitchcock, Louise Lorimer
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Family Plot”
Family Plot is a 1976 American thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Barbara Harris, Bruce Dern, Karen Black, and William Devane. The film follows two con artists, Blanche Tyler (Harris) and George Lumley (Dern) as they get entangled in a scheme to find a missing heir to a fortune.
The story begins with Blanche and George, two con artists, who are hired by Julia Rainbird (Cathleen Nesbitt) to find her nephew, Arthur Adamson (Ed Lauter), who has gone missing. Blanche and George take on the task and soon discover that Arthur is actually the long-lost heir to a wealthy estate.
Meanwhile, a mysterious woman named Fran (Karen Black) turns up at Julia’s home with a story about a missing necklace. When Julia’s husband, Arthur’s uncle, is found murdered, the police become involved and Blanche and George are forced to investigate further.
As the story progresses, Blanche and George uncover a web of lies and deceit surrounding the Adamson family. They discover that Arthur’s father, a former jewel thief, had stolen a necklace from a wealthy family years ago and had hidden it in a secret location. It turns out that Arthur is the only one who knows where the necklace is hidden and he is being held captive by a group of criminals who want the necklace for themselves.
Blanche and George must now race against time to find
Where to Watch “Family Plot”
If you are wondering where to watch “Family Plot”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Family Plot” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Family Plot” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Family Plot